XXIII

Noor POV

He was looking intensely at me as if wanting to absrob my soul. I felt him slowly getting closer as his eyes was scanning my face as if taking in my features.

Thump Thump.

I could hear someone's heartbeat. Whose heartbeat? Is it mine?

The air was strangely filled with something foreign and the loud pulsing beat againts my chest told me it was my heartbeat .

His usual stoic orbs was somehow warm at the moment and I can't seem to avert my gaze from him.

Strangely the heart was beating for some other reason.

A sudden feeling of light butterflies fluttering in me was sensed and his arms around my waist was slowly pulling me towards him as he tilted his head as if to.... kiss?!

Realizing what he was going to do, I pushed him away and my mind became aware of our distance.

Too close!

My body began to panic remembering the last two assults from him and soon my blood ran cold.

Is he going to force on me again?? Please please no ya Allah .

Fear creept on my pulsing heart as uncomfortableness crawled under me by his touch on my waist.

Reflexively I closed my eyes and cleanched on the bandage in my hand as I sensed his body shift.

Please let me go please. I should've just left him do it himself and leave the kitchen!

I shouldn't have told him I will change his bandage! How could I always forget he is a Mafia!!

My waist was soon felt void of touch and his presence seemed light
" Bandage".

I blinked my eyes opened and saw that he kept a little distance between us. He was standing still as my body relaxes a bit but was still alert.

I should change his bandage fast and go from here. I don't want to be with him.

I quickly but carefully unwrapped his bandage while his heated gaze was on me. Why does he always stares at me?

Successfully unwrapping the bandage, I removed the disinfected pad on his chest and the next thing I see horrified me to the core.

A blemish was formed in his warm toned skin as wrinkles were visible surrounding the hole wound made from the bullet shot he got.

Blood was slowly oozing out from the open scar making my guts churned at the gruesome sight .

The wound wasn't deep but it was enough to make a hole that looked deep.

Ya Allah it looked so painful. I don't think I can touch it. My trembling hands was not moving and every passing seconds cold shivers were passing through my body.

I looked at him who was already looking at me void of any expressions. Is he not feeling any pain?

All the while my heart was scared and worried to touch the wound.

" I-I will call M-maya" I said uneasy to treat his wound because I don't know how to treat such deep wound.

" Give me the alcohol" he said ,still looking at me while I quiver under his gaze as I look for the first aid box and took the disinfectant from it.

I passed him the alcohol and he took it removing the cap with his uninjured hand swiftly and simply poured it on his wound.

" YA ALLAH!!" I gasped as I stopped his hand from pouring anymore. What is he doing?!