XVIII

Leon POV

" Credit" I said taking out my black card and gave it to the employee at the counter.

" Wait. Why are you paying?" Jack asked stopping the employee from taking my card.

" Oh- pfft- it's because he lost in a childish game when we were at the car" she replied holding her laughter stressing the word childish as if mocking me remembering the scene .

fuck how could I lose in such a child's game?! She is going to fucking use it to tease me-!

I am a Mafia for fuck's sake!

" But Michelle, you told me you were going to pay! . You should've told me about this!" She whispered complaining but Michelle was too carefree about it because she loves spending my money. Not that I have a problem.

"Um- Why don't I pay for this?" Jack offered and everyone's eyes were on him confused.

I don't know why he wants to pay for it but I don't like it. I wasn't blind when he gave his credit card to her but she did not take it.

Glad-

" It's ok I will pay for it" I said forwarding the card but he again stopped me and I glared at him for doing it twice.

" No I-"

" Wait wait guys-!!" Michelle interrupted taking the card from my hand as I glared at Jack questioning why he did that just now.

Does he think I cant afford to buy pieces of fabric for her?.

" We will pay with Leo's card for now because he lost the game ok? And you can pay next time!" She concluded giving my card to the hesitant employee who was taking glances at everyone.

I caught a gaze staring at me and I already know whose it belonged .

Those gray orbs were filled with quivering confusion and hesitations. Her eyebrows pulled into a frown at the unexpected situation as she shifts her gaze beside me.

" Jack" she whispered for herself in worry, but enough for me to hear. Her face filled with.... guilt??? for who? Jack?

Does she not like I paid for her? What's the problem if I paid for it? Then is it okay for Jack to pay it?

Michelle was humming as the employee swiped my black card across the machine and gave it back to me.

What's her deal of not accepting anything from me? If it were another woman they will surely take it without hesitation.

That's the difference Leon she is different.

Different? As if! She wanted Jack to pay for her! Too bad I paid it instead! And I will be the only one paying for her!

" Oh right- the theme of this year's Ball is Masquerade right?" Michelle asked while Jack took the shopping bags and we walked out of the shop.

Michelle kept talking and complaining about the Ball but all my attention were on the conversation Jack was having with her.

" Let me hold some, you mus-"

" It's ok, I can handle a couple of this. Don't think your man is weak" he interrupted her whispering the last part as her cheeks reddened and he looked away embarrassed.

I don't think my eyes are playing tricks on me because the man himself is infront of me acting embarrassed and shy just because he flirted with a girl.  What are they? newly wedded couple?! I think he did it without intending to.