chapter 64

daiyu finished her feel-good shower, but she still felt like shit.

muffled voices could be heard from outside the bathroom, indicating that yua had gotten home.

and apparently, she wasn't alone.

daiyu let out a groan, hoping that it was just one of the girls.

the last thing she wanted at the moment was to meet one of yua's other friends.

don't get her wrong, they weren't necessarily bad people or anything (yes, they were), but the people she hung out with outside of school weren't really the kind of people daiyu'd befriend.

many of them drank a lot, despite their young age. drugs had become an issue as well. as much as she was aware, yua knew to never try any of that stuff her friends did. 

what daiyu really didn't like was when they were older than yua, especially guys.

she took a few deep breaths and opened the bathroom door.

'oh, for fuck's sake.'

she quite truthfully did not need to have witnessed what she walked into.

'i've honestly had enough of walking in on my friends kissing people.'

her mind went back to that time she had seen hyewon with seongchul.

yua was sitting on her bed, some boy basically laying on top of her. and yeah, they were kissing.

and not like what her kiss with chenle from not even an hour before had been like, no. those two were full-on making out.

the sound of the door opening didn't seem to bother them either, or maybe they were just too immersed in whatever gross thoughts they were having to notice her coming out of the bathroom.

so daiyu shrugged, walking over to her own bed to continue minding her own business.

about a minute passed, and the two teens in front of her apparently ran out of oxygen.

now daiyu would have expected them to act startled, and apologise for having her witness that, but neither seemed to think of that.

"oh, hey daiyu."

yua leaned against the wall, arms still around the boy's neck. she didn't seem bothered by her friend's presence at all, acting as if it was the most normal thing ever to have her there when doing that kind of stuff.

though daiyu knew that yua had noticed that she wasn't really feeling herself.

"it's been a while since you had a boy over."

the boy (who she still didn't recognise) gave her a smug grin, seemingly proud at hearing that.

"mhm."

yua really wanted to make the boy leave now, she was just thinking of a way to do so. especially since she still had something to do.

"actually, do you mind taking a pi— nevermind, i'll take care of that myself."

she changed her mind mid-sentence, but daiyu still felt like she had figured out what the original request had been.

yua had wanted her to take a picture of her with the boy and send it to someone.

the question was just who.

daiyu had actually always been pretty convinced that her younger friend's love-life was pretty much inexistent.

but after seeing her kiss that boy, she might have just changed her mind. that was not what a first kiss looked like. no, yua was definitely experienced.