chapter 11

the days flew by and it was wednesday again, with daiyu walking to her classroom next to seon-ok, carrying her books in her arms.

they were walking extra slow, procrastinating on getting to the class, as not even seon-ok was in the mood for chemistry that day.

also, daiyu would be lying if she said that she wasn't slightly afraid of how the lesson would play out.

it was common knowledge by now that the two chinese second years did not get along very well, so she would just have to pray for this to not end in disaster.

seon-ok and daiyu quietly entered the classroom. they were about to sit down in their usual places, when the teacher exclaimed; "you're not sitting in your normal places today! sit next to your project partner please!"

as much as daiyu wanted to groan out or even yell at her professor, she was way to intimidated by the man's death glare to do anything.

after saying her dramatic goodbyes to seon-ok, she slowly trotted over to where chenle was sitting.

a few seats behind him, she could see hyewon giving her a reassuring nod, brightly smiling at her.

what's with her mood?

daiyu would never be able to understand hyewon and her moodswings.

"hi," was all she said to devil-chenle once she got confortable in her seat, avoiding looking at him at all costs.

"hi."

from her seat, seon-ok was quietly watching the two. a pang of guilt hit her at the sight of the boy.

— monday (2 days ago) —

seon-ok had just finished combat training with her third grade partner, xiao dejun, and was walking back to the dorms, when she heard a familiar yet muffled voice from around the corner of the hallway.

"how long are we going to keep this up?"

those words caught her interest, so she decided to stop walking for a moment and listen where the conversation would lead.

"i don't know, love. but if we reveal anything right now, people are definitely gonna think that you're a bad person."

that was a male voice. seon-ok placed a hand over her mouth to stop the gasp that she was about to let out.

she prayed for the female voice not to have been who she suspected.

"but that's unfair! it's none of their business, and besides, it's not even that many people that know of the whole drama. and most who do don't believe it, so i'm sure it won't be a problem."

'just what on earth are these two talking about?' the second year wondered, dropping her hand to her side again.

'oh god, please tell me they aren't making out now.'

she started to get uncomfortable at the sudden silence, and couldn't help herself anymore.

seon-ok had to know who these students were.

without any sign of hesitation, she stepped out of her hiding place, startling the two teens who were leaning against a wall, passionately kissing each other.

the girl let out a small scream, pushing the boy away from her, making him hit a locker.

"ow."

"hyewon?"

end of flashback —

yeah, seon-ok had caught her friend making out with a boy in a hallway.