chapter 47

seonwoo repeatedly hit his head against the desk he was sitting on.

what had he been thinking?

the plan was to be discreet about getting zhong chenle out of his way — not to try to burn him to a crisp in front of a whole class.

but then again, the idea hadn't even been that bad.

he got paired with the chinese boy for combat training, saw his chance, and took it.

after all, an accident like that could easily be overplayed by saying that he had lost control of his powers.

sure, he'd probably have to apologise a ton, but it wouldn't count as murder, and eventually, people would get over it.

chances were high that daiyu wouldn't take the death well either, so if seonwoo was there to comfort her at her lowest, it would be yet another way to have her get attatched to him.

well, he fucked up anyway, so there's no use in thinking of that.

but he was already preparing for the actual attack.

"you good?"

daiyu's voice ripped him out of his thoughts, and he immediately lifted is head to look at her with the usual smile.

"yeah, just tired."

she nodded and sat down next to him, taking out the physic books from her bag.

the lesson was fairly boring, though having daiyu around helped.

not only was she good at the subject, but she also didn't seem to mind talking in class, which some nerds were too good to do.

okay, daiyu wasn't really a nerd anyway. he had seen her in history class, after all.

though as the bell rang, announcing lunch break, he had to quickly think of a way to get rid of her. elsewise, she might end up interfering his plan.

"uhhh... i kind of-"

but to his luck, their professor came to the rescue, calling daiyu to talk to her.

"i'll be off then, see you soon!"

and then he hurried out of there, not offering to wait for her talk with the teacher to end.

daiyu stared at where he had just been standing, a confused expression on her face.

__________________________________

"the director asked to talk to you. he said to go by his office at half past seven this evening."

her heart dropped.

'the director? oh lord, i'll get expelled for real this time, won't i?'

with a heavy gulp, daiyu gave a polite nod to the teacher.

"thank you for informing me. was that all?"

"yeah, that's all. now go enjoy your lunch."

now daiyu too, hurried away to enjoy her lunch.

but just a quick heads-up; enjoyable was the least thing she would decribe her break as.

__________________________________

screams echoed through the hall as chenle stood there, frozen in shock.

had he not changed his choice of menu, he would have been the one unconscious on the floor now.

he had held that tray in his hand just less than five minutes ago.

a teacher came running to the scene to check the girl's pulse and look for any indicators to what had happened to her.