chapter 27

it was almost 1 am.

daiyu and chenle had just finished their twelfth round of mario kart, jisung had notified him that he would be staying at jeno and jaemin's dorm for the night.

the girl had resorted to sitting on the floor, leaning against the bed, while chenle was still sitting on the bed, legs on either side of her body.

during breaks in between races, he would support his head by leaning his arms on her head and his own head on his hands, or just mess with her hair. that would then result in her blindly attempting to hit him by throwing punches over her head, spectacularly missing every hit.

one thing they couldn't deny, was that they surely were having fun.

but all good things come to an end, and that end came with the ringtone of daiyu's phone.

and in the middle of a race too.

the pair groaned in unison, pausing the game so she could answer the phone, while chenle curiously watched her.

he actually had contemplated on not pausing and keeping on playing, so he could win the round. but his morals didn't allow that.

"hello?"

"zhao daiyu, i don't know where the fuck you're at, but hye is gone now, and if you don't get your ass here before sunrise at least i will scoop out your eyeballs with a spoon and add then to your soup at lunch, if you even get to eat that then."

chenle's eyes widened as he recognised myoga yua's voice. 'they sure have an interestion friendship.'

"yua, seriously, we talked about the threats already."

"whatever. just know that you have some serious explaining to do, because i sure as hell know you aren't at any of the girl's dorms."

with that, she hung up on daiyu, who was frozen in place.

"i feel like i should maybe get going soon."

"yeah, i heard." he chuckled.

so once again, daiyu and chenle were outside, walking the same route they had taken only a few hours before.

to their luck, the disgusting group of boys wasn't there anymore when they passed the last boy-dorm-building.

completely ignoring the girl's protests, chenle walked her all the way to the door of her dorm.

there, daiyu wanted to get out her keycard, when the door opened on its own.

and there, in all her might, stood myoga yua, intimidating as ever, despite her young age.

'fuck.' chenle thought. 'is she taller than me?'

"how the fuck did you know i was here?" daiyu questioned, holding the japanese girl's stare without any problems. without blinking, actually.

'i could never.'

"i sensed you." was the dry response she got. chenle's brows furrowed, and daiyu spoke out the words he was wanting to say.

"you sens- what?"

dismissing her friend's questioning face, yua finally seemed to notice the third presence in the hallway.

her eyes widened as she recognised the boy, and she turned her head back down to daiyu.

"zhao daiyu. what is this? and get the fuck inside already. you too, thong."

very displeased with the new nickname, chenle waved the girl off.

"it's fine, really. i'm sure you'll manage on your own. bye yua! bye pumpkin!"

without giving them a chance to respond, he dashed off.

daiyu could feel her ears growing hot.

'now she's definitely gonna think of something weird. i swear if i ever get my hands on that fucker i wi-'

"pumpkin?"

one brow arched to almost meet her hairline, yua gave her a judging look.

"nO, oh my god."

she dragged yua inside and closed the door.

"i kind of wasn't in the mood for mario kart today and sitting here would've annoyed me too. and chenle happened to call. and i asked if i could come over."

"and hang out doing god-knows-what until one in the morning?"

yua wasn't satisfied with her answer.

the two were — as always when talking in the dorm — sitting on their respective beds, facing eachother.

daiyu sighed, not pleased wuth the explanations she had to give.

"we played mario kart, just like y'all here. that's literally all there's to it."

not really wanting to annow her friend either, yua decided that she was convincing enough.

"mhm. okay then. i was just worried since you didn't say anything when going out."

she paused to think shortly, but then continued.

"also, about that; did something happen with you and hyewon? you were pretty tense when you saw her earlier."

not wanting to give the whole truth, as she herself was embarrassed of the way she felt about the situation, daiyu wanted to be as honest as possible with her friend.

"there is... something. she doesn't know about it, and she's not at fault, but i kind of need to figure out how to deal with it now. it's making me a little nervous to face her. please don't tell her, though."

her words made it evident that she didn't want to reveal more than that, and yua respected that.

"i wont, don't worry. but you know you can come to me if you don't manage to solve it by yourself, okay?"

daiyu gave her a small smile as an answer, glad that she let it be and didn't keep nagging.

"thanks, i will. i'm here for you too, if you ever need me. now sleep, for fuck's sake, it's almost two and we have class tomorrow."

__________________________________

idk what to put here so another fact about me;

i have the same initials as chenle, but reversed. or not lol like, he's zhong chenle zc and i'm zc too but z is my first name