chapter 12

daiyu hurried around her dorm, cleaning up and rearranging objects she saw lying around.

fortunately, yua had left early that day, or else she definitely would have laughed at daiyu's antics.

also, she wasn't cleaning the room because chenle was coming, no, she could care less about what he thought.

but they had to record, and like he had said earlier that day, a neat background would make a better impression.

now you may be asking what they even had to record.

turned out that the chem teacher had left out some pretty important details when explaining the project in class.

when daiyu first read the email he send a few days later, she felt like quitting school.

together with chenle, she would have to make something like a vlog about their topic, filming small episodes of them explaining it.

they would have to post a minimum of four — one every month. but everyone knew what the professor meant by that.

four videos = a barely passing grade.

if you wanted to come off well, you would have to put in some more effort.

now daiyu wasn't sure how chenle stood with that, but she had to get her grades up. there was no way she'd be slacking off.

the vlog would be made accessible for everyone in school, and the students of NSOE's middle school too.

the viewers could rate and comment on the posts, which would affect a part of their final grade.

also, yes, NSOE had both a middle and elementary school too.

different from the highschool though, there was no entrance exam and no shifting-training. they were really just normal schools where you got in with your parent's money.

daiyu — as well as most of the students in NSOE —had been there for their previous school years, though the chinese girl had only joined in middle school.

back then, her parents had to move to korea for work matters.

but most of her friends went to NSOE ever since they were six years old.

a knock was heard at the door just as daiyu was putting some caramel candy wrappers that yua left on her bedside table in the trash.

taking one last deep breath to calm her nerves, she opened the door.

daiyu had only ever seen the boy in his school uniform — gym clothes too, but that wasn't that impressive —, so seeing him pull up there in casual clothes felt a bit weird.

"hey pumpkin."

daiyu frowned at the new nickname. then again, she called him devil-chenle in her thoughts, so it was only fair.

"hey."

he was sporting black, baggy sweatpants and a hooded sweater of the same colour, though the hem of a white shirt he seemed to be wearing underneath peaked out from beneath his hoodie, contrasting the rest of his dark attire.

"can i like, come in?"

daiyu snapped out of her daze, quickly stepping aside to let him enter.

__________________________________

about an hour had passed since zhong chenle got there, and surprisingly, they had managed to get some work done.

the pair had sorted out all of the information that they wanted to use in the first episode, as well as preparing a small script.