chapter 60

"we're still hanging out on sunday, aren't we?" renjun asked his younger friend.

chenle and he had both gathered in mark's dorm on wednesday afternoon.

the plan had actually been to study for mid-term, which would be taking place in two weeks already. but as expected, the boys didn't last longer than an hour.

well, not chenle and renjun, at least.

"sure. you coming too?"

chenle answered renjun's question, looking at mark for the last part.

the earth shifter shook his head.

"can't. there's this information event kind of thing for fourth graders on sunday."

his friends nodded, understanding that their older friend would be quite busy now that he was about to graduate.

the pressure for NSOE student's was high — a given, considering what most were aiming for when enrolling.

mark — of course — was no exception.

but instead of starting zorion-training, like many dreamed of, mark was leaning more towards university.

either way, he wouldn't be anywhere near the NSOE campus anymore, so his graduation was a topic the seven of them were avoiding.

"jaemin isn't coming, and neither is jisung."

"what? why?"

haechan was busy that day too, and jeno was on a date (everyone, act surprised).

but that jaemin and jisung weren't coming was news to chenle.

"jaemin had a spare ticket to the cinema so he's taking his son."

"do you know someone else to come with us? don't get me wrong, but i feel like a whole afternoon of just us two would eventually get boring."

chenle feigned an offended expression, when in reality, he absolutely agreed with renjun.

by the end of the day, the two would probably end up at eachother's throats.

"so you think i'm boring?"

mark simply sat there, laughing at his friends' antics, still trying to focus on the biology notes in front of him.

"shut up, you know what i meant. just invite daiyu or something."

his eyes widened.

"daiyu? don't you hate her?"

"no? she's cool and matches my vibe."

'is that supposed to be a good thing?'

"you mean your anger issues?"

on cue, the shorter boy stood up, walking in chenle's direction in a very threatening manner.

but right in front of him, he stopped, leaning down to meet his friend's eyes.

"you should date her, you know?"

"what the fuck? no, now get away from me!"

let's just say that he was pretty startled by the question — was it a question? (probably not, but whatever).

he also didn't expect mark to join in.

"i agree, you'd make a cute couple."

"with all due respect — do you consider constant fights, literally not talking to each other because of a dumb misunderstanding for weeks, and almost being strangled in art class cute?"