chapter 14

"...now let's compare how long the HCl molecules from the double date of the first episode would last in comparison to an Hl molecules who met — for example — at a party." chenle explained to the camera.

"for that, we have to look at the bond enthalpies. Using HCl as an example, the bond dissociation enthalpy is the energy required to break every bond in a mole of gaseous HCl molecules."

daiyu was in a good mood that day, smiling as she spoke.

"HCl had a bond enthalpy of 431 kJ mol-1, whereas Hl's is just 297 kJ mol-1. It takes more energy to separate the atoms in HCl — meaning that their relationship would last longer."

"i wonder if it would last even longer if C confessed to H in their school's cafeteria by yelling that he carries love letters for her around in his wallet? look, even your initials fit."

the girl giggled, while chenle next to her stared at her in utter shock.

looking up and meeting his gaze, daiyu finally seemed to realise what she had done.

"wait i me-"

"thank's for watching. see you in the next episode."

chenle spoke in a dry tone, quickly turning of the camera. he rose from his seat, starting to gather his stuff and placing it in his bag.

"chenle, god i'm so sorry, i swear i completely forgot about the camera and i just-"

again, he didn't let her finish.

"and you what? thought you would just casually drop a comment like that, since it's funny?"

he started walking toward the door, but daiyu wasn't going to let that happen just yet.

"WAIT! ...shouldn't we just film that again? we really can't post something like that."

especially not with how popular the project had become with the students.

daiyu remembered waking up to a couple hundred notifications on her phone the day after posting their first clip. she had a feeling that not even the professor had known that it would blow up like that. of course, not all comments were serious, and many took advantage of the like/dislike function to express their hatred towards people.

unreasonably fast, the comment sections had become a crucial source to school drama.

chenle though, didn't look like he cared about that.

"just do whatever you want."

and with that, he was out of the door.

daiyu gripped her hair in frustration. "UGH! why is he like this?!"

__________________________________

seon-ok was laying down in her bed, facetiming her older brother, when she got a notification on her laptop.

"oh? let me just check this out real quick"

her brother nodded, while she unlocked her device, logging into the school's website.

didn't dai say that they weren't going to upload it until next month?

curiously, she clicked on daiyu and chenle's vlog, choosing the first video to pop up.

seon-ok really didn't see anything wrong about the episode and was just about to reach for her phone to text her friend, when she heard something that made her jaw drop.

...last even longer if C confessed to H in their school's cafeteria by yelling that he carries love letters for her around in his wallet? look, even your initials...

she covered her mouth with her hand in shock.

this can't have been uploaded on purpose.

"hey uh... jungwoo, something came up. i'll call you back later, ok?"

the boy — who had just finished his last year at NSOE and was currently training to become a combatant — understood and said his goodbyes to his sister, hanging up the phone immediately after.

seon-ok dialled daiyu's number a total of 13 times, with absolutely no response at all.

she even went as far as calling yua, as she was the most likely to have heard something from the girl, but even she didn't know anything.

burring her face in her hands, seon-ok let out a groan.

this will absolutely end in disaster.

__________________________________

as daiyu woke up the next morning, she was pretty confused to why her laptop was in bed with her.

in fact, she was basically lying on top of it.

huh? i must have fallen asleep like this.

she took a quick glance at the screen, and was just about to close it, when something caught her eye.

there's no way...

her eyes widened, and she quickly took out her phone, just to be sure.

3 new messages from hye :3

2 missed calls from eun

5 new messages from big dumb

7 missed calls from big dumb

13 missed calls from ok-ok

99+ notifications from NSOE

oh lord. how the fuck did this even happen?

immediately, she logged into her account and deleted the episode, though she wasn't sure how much that would change. it had over five-hundred views already, and there weren't even more than 350 students at the school.

daiyu felt like crying.

what will chenle say?

he hadn't even texted or called her or anything, though by now it was impossible for him not to have seen it.

he's gonna think i did it out of spite because of the way he reacted yesterday. god, i'm fucked.

just at that moment, the bathroom door opened, and yua stepped out, already wearing her uniform.

their eyes met, and the younger one couldn't help but feel pity at her friend's state.

seeing her hunched over her laptop, teary-eyed, in her pyjamas and still in bed, when she should be ready to go to class already, made yua's stomach churn.

after all, not many things brought the chinese girl down.

"you know what?" yua started, taking daiyu's laptop, closing it and locking it in her bedside table's drawer. "you're not going to school today. there will definitely be too much going on. the tea is still hot, let's wait until tomorrow — the situation should've cooled off a little by then."

"just stay here and focus on how to fix this. i'll have seon-ok make up an excuse for you and after class, i'll be here to help you find a solution."

__________________________________

daiyu girl WHAT DID YOU DO

also, i'm dying to release all of my pre-written chapters already, but i will be extremely busy in two weeks so i have to save some for then😭