𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚 | 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐞 (𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐎𝐕)

TW: Blood, Burning Corpses, Mentions of Marijuana (Read at your own risk!)

A/N's: This Oneshot takes place after the events of the No Mercy chapters, and while you're being treated at the hospital with Keith and Cherry.

Definitely did not get the title from Mother Mother 👉👈

-----------------------

"That should be the last of them." Nene huffed, wiping away beads of sweat on her forehead with the back of her hand. Gazing down to the many robotic parts of Hanzou the laid amongst the pile of corpses. "Thank god." Darnell said, pulling his purple transparent lighter from his slightly ripped jeans. He gazed over his shoulder, spotting Pico lumbering over to the two. Using a stick he found nearby for support. "You sure you're good, dude? You look like shit."

The ginger nodded, keeping his focus on the earthy ground beneath him as he handed the stick off to his friend. "Aight... let's get cloth for the fire." Darnell turned his attention back to the corpses with a sigh, finding Nene searching through them. "Ayo, the fuck you doing girl?" He asked shortly after, arching a brow in confusion and slight disgust. Watching as she searched through the Goth Punks' pockets.

"Can it 'Nel." She snapped loudly, grabbing a black skull wallet with an attached faded metal chain. "We forgot to see if they had any goods on them." She opened the wallet, immediately seeing a load of cash and weed inside. "Fuck yeah! We hit the jackpot, bitches!" She cheered loudly, drawing a sinister grin. Nene pushed herself off the ground, shoving the cash and weed in her skirt pocket.

"Anyhow, we needed fabric?" She queried immediately after, turning her focus to the boys with a sweet smile. Contradicting her crazed expression seconds prior. "Yeah, something to help us light up the bodies without further injuries." Darnell explained. Nene nodded in response, turning back to the pile. Crouching down to Cyclops' exposed head, she slipped off his blood covered eyepatch. "Holy shit..." She muttered, shuddering at the sight in front of her.

"What is it?" Darnell approached the raven-haired girl. He placed his prosthetic hand on her shoulder, looking down at the pink-haired punk. He shot his hand to his mouth, gagging at the sight. "Aw hell nah." He said, swallowing bile that crawled up his throat. "That shit ain't normal."

Pico approached the two, keeping a firm grip on his UZI as he stood behind his friends. Peeking over Nene's shoulder, he caught a glimpse of the former enemy's left eye wide open. Frantically darting about like a fly. It shined a marigold yellow, along with the sclera being a muted, yellow color. He couldn't recall Cyclops ever having heterochromia, let alone an eye disease.

The ginger pointed his gun at Cyclops without a second thought, fighting through the pain in his upper body as he pulled the trigger. Just barely missing Nene's shoulder in the process, he managed to put a bullet directly into the eerie eye. Causing the two to look back to their friend fearfully, newly splattered blood on Nene's face and torso. "Burn 'em... already..." Pico croaked through staggered breaths, shakily lowering his gun. "I ain't leaving... 'til I know these bastards are... dead."

He turned himself around, ignoring the fearful and concerned expressions of his friends as he walked away. Wiping away the blood dripping from his face with the back of his non-injured hand. He stood in place a moment after, listening to the trinkling of rain and the winds brushing back his tousled and bloody bangs. The sound of Nene and Darnell's footsteps caused Pico to look behind him, spotting the two walking to him as Darnell held onto a flaming torch.

The three stood side-by-side, watching the burning pile in silence burst into flames once the tallest of the three threw the torch into the fire. The crackling of the flames filled the void, along with sporadic sparks of electricity from the cyborg ninja. "Say... you should really get your injuries looked at, Pico." Nene softly mentioned minutes later, gazing at the ginger with concern.

"Don't need to." Pico responded bluntly, his breathing becoming increasingly ragged. He turned his back to the human bonfire, walking away from it with shaky steps. "I'm going to... the hospital to find [Y/N]." "Dude, you're in shit condition." Darnell pointed out, placing a hand on the ginger's shoulder. Pico looked back to the other male, meeting a firm stare. "The second you walk in there, they're going to admit you."

"Tch, bullshit..." A small cough escaped Pico's lips, pushing Darnell's hand off his shoulder. "They ain't going... to do shit." He turned back around, making his way off the lot. "I'll make sure of it."

"Come on, man. At least let us drive you!" Darnell pleaded, following Nene as she rushed after the ginger. "No!" Pico shot back with a cough, gritting his teeth. "It's almost an hour away from here, Pico. You seriously think you'll be able to make it there on foot?" Nene counteracted, forming a soft fist with her hands. "Yup!"

Nene growled under her breath, grasping onto Pico's shoulder. Forcing him to face her. "Hey, what the fuck?" He hissed in pain, gripping his gun. Nene placed both her hands on his shoulders, glaring harshly at the taller one. "If you want to go to the hospital so fucken bad, you're going to let us drive you." Nene declared sternly.

The two stood in silence, not taking their eyes off the other. "I fucken hate you..." Pico grumbled moments later, softening his expression. Feeling the adrenaline slowly wearing off. "Love you too, carrot." Nene wrapped his arm around her shoulder, drawing a smile across her face.

The three went to the hospital, where Pico was forced to be admitted by the receptionist and doctors. He was soon kicked out of the hospital a few hours later due to being aggressive and threatening the staff after they wouldn't let him see [Y/N]. Pico would not be let into the building under any circumstance and would receive updates on [Y/N]'s condition via Keith and Cherry.