𝟖 | 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐮𝐭 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈)

There was the smell of maple and oranges, far away but distinct. My eyelids were weighted shut, monochrome and geometric lights flowed through them. My brain was awake, wanting to get up and figure out where I was. Yet, my body had other ideas: it wanted to stay where it was, underneath the fluffy duvet that I figured out wasn't mine.

I smiled to myself, enjoying this newly acquainted comfort. The sounds of cars passing by, the birds chirping to one another. It was like I was home again with my mom and cat. Almost. Just as I began to reminisce, I felt something move against my stomach. Instantly alert, my heart began to race as I flung open my eyes. Quickly looking to my side to see..... holy shit, there's a hot guy asleep next to me.

My face instantly warmed up as I stared at him, not sure if he was real or just a dream. His light, freckled skin was so smooth that it looked almost glossy in the light of day; his ginger hair fell tousled over his face, much longer than what I expected. He wore the same clothes from last night, and yet they seemed to fit perfectly on him. I didn't want to wake the ginger, but damn. I really wanted to touch him. Wait, what the hell was I thinking?? Get your mind out of the gutter! You only just became friends!

I shook the thought out of my head. Moving slowly onto my right side, I gazed at the male for a brief moment. Instinctively reaching out and touching his cheek steadily after. As soon as my fingers came into contact with his skin, I could feel how warm he was. His lips parted slightly, showing off a small gap in his top two front teeth.

"Damn he's cute..." I whispered breathily, getting a bit closer to him before stopping myself. My face becoming warmer as I backed away, removing my hand from his face. I laid back down, glancing back beside me. Seeing that he was still fast asleep. "I should just go downstairs..." I mumbled to myself, about to roll over onto my left side. That is, until I found myself leisurely being pulled backwards.

"Hm?" I hummed, looking down to find an arm wrapped around me. I glanced back, finding myself being pulled into a side hug. The warmth from his body radiating through my clothes and exposed skin. "Don't go..." Pico mumbled tiredly, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck. His lips brushed against my neck, making me mewl softly. "I don't want you to go..."

I laid speechless, trying to think of something to say. As my face turned a rosy red, the sound of a distant sizzling sound echoed in the air. "B-But what about breakfast...?" I stammered, looking away. "I... I think Keith and Cherry are making food. Don't you want some? I asked weakly, feeling so many emotions wash over me all at once; mostly embarrassment.

We laid there for a couple minutes before Pico let out a tired groan. Suddenly pulling away from me. I went to go lay on my back again, only to be met with the ginger hovering over me. "Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit." I repeated subconsciously, staring up at him in shock as he appeared to have been looking at something on the nightstand beside us. Leaning heavily on one hand as he used the other to gently rub his eye. His body getting closer to mine. "Mm... it's early for once." He hummed, yawning widely. Looking down at me with a drowsy expression. "What are you looking at?" He asked, raising a brow in confusion.

"Nothing!" I blurted out, darting my eyes to the left. "I-It's nothing..." He simply let out a sigh, moving away from me. I turned my attention back to Pico sheepishly. Watching as he sat upright in bed, stretching his arms over his head. I slowly began to sit up myself, gazing down at the blankets and sheets. My cheeks and body burned hotly, trying to comprehend what had just happened. This definitely wasn't a dream, I knew that much. I were still sore from last night's events, but not enough where it was painful anymore. It felt like every muscle in my body ached though, making moving slightly difficult.