𝟏𝟎 | 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐮𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞

(Warning: Marijuana Usage. If you Don't Like, Don't Read ❤️)

(A/N's: Timeskip to Monday afternoon cause I ain't writing a whole ass moving-in chapter like before. That shit be boring af- Maybe in the future I'll revisit the idea.) (Long story short, you moved into Pico's studio apartment Sunday evening and your sleep schedule is all wacky atm.)

———————————————————————

As I walked up the rickety stairs to my new living quarters, the pungent smell of skunk became apparent. Filling the dingy hallway as I made it to the landing, as well as the notable sound of Reggae music playing. "The hell....?" I muttered to myself, getting closer to the apartment door. The repulsive scent only worsening and music louder with every step I took. I unhooked my keys from my belt loop with my available hand, motioning myself to unlock the wooden door. Only to find that it was already unlock?

Puzzled, I swung it open slightly... and immediately gagged on the foul stench that invaded my nostrils. My eyes watered moderately as I slammed the door shut. "Ugh god!" I cried out in disgust, hooking my keys back to my belt loop before pushing the door open once more. Making sure I plugged my nostrils with my fingers prior to entering the rundown studio apartment.

A fainted smoke filled the room, making me cough a bit as I looked around for any sign of a fire. The song playing booming out its lyrics from a nearby record player: "...Pass the Dutchie 'pon the left hand side — It go a bun..." Despite that, there wasn't any hazards.

I noticed right away that Pico and a younger, chubby male with slicked back raven-hair and an almost all-blue attire were in the apartment. Both sitting on the full-sized mattress that laid on the dark, wooden floors. Bopping their heads to the music, not caring that it was ridiculously loud nor noticing that I even entered the room. Surrounding them were piles of chip bags of different flavors and empty, plastic and glass bottles. There was also this weird, black tube-like thing and a round, tin container on the coffee table in front of them.

"Hello?" I greeted in confusion, closing the door behind me. The two boys stopped jamming out to the music, looking up to me with dilated pupils and dumbfounded expressions. I guess they didn't expect anyone else to be here. "[Y/N]?" Pico questioned calmly. "Your back." "Yeah, I had school remember?" I reminded as I leisurely walked to them, placing my books down on the coffee table.

I focused my attention to the open, teal record player behind me. Quickly figuring out where the volume control was and turning the knob to the left. The music now playing at a moderate volume. "...Oh yeah... that." He mumbled loudly with a chuckle moments after; the other male giggling obnoxiously beside him.

"Um... what are you guys doing?" I asked, looking around for something to sit on. There wasn't any other place to sit besides the mattress and an almost broken office chair so I took a seat on the floor in front of the two. Taking my loaded bag off my shoulders before picking up the empty chip bags. "Ohhh my cuz and I are just chilling." The ginger grabbed the tube in front us, turning to his cousin. "Hey Otis, wanna go another round?" He asked with a wide grin, handing it over to the younger male. "Hell yeah!" Otis replied through giggles, reaching over for a lighter and flicking it on.

He brought the lighter towards the end of the tube where something grounded up was inside. Bringing the rounded end to his lips, sealing them tightly around the tube as he flicked on the lighter. I watched as he inhaled deeply, trying to get enough air in his lungs to fully expand. Once removing the pipe from his lips, Otis exhaled smokey clouds right into my face.

"Ugh! Seriously, what is that??" I asked upsettingly through coughs, unplugging my nose thoughtlessly. The thought of it alone was making me gag; my eyes were watering again and nose felt like it was going to fall off. "That's marijuana, silly." Pico responded, taking the bong back from Otis. I looked at the two in disgust. "You guys seriously use this shit? Isn't it illegal?" I said sternly in disbelief, cocking an eyebrow.

They gave me a weird look, as if I was speaking some kind of nonsense. "Ehhh does it really matter?" Pico said assuringly, inhaling the pot-scented smoke that filled the pipe. He held his breath for about ten seconds before letting it out slowly. A huge cloud followed and blown above his head. "Haven't you smoked before?" The ginger asked out of the blue, shifting his gaze back to me with half-lidded eyes. Keeping his head facing upwards. "God no, my mom smokes cigarettes on the daily." I responded bluntly, getting up off the ground after collecting all of the chip bags. Making my way towards the trash can to throw the waste away. "Immediate pass for me."

"I'm amazed, I would have thought you might have with all the smoking Keith's done." Pico commented teasingly. I rolled my eyes with a faint smile, throwing the bags in the can before making my way back to the pair. As I was about to sit back down, I felt a weak grip on my hand. I looked up, locking eyes with the ginger. Figuring out right away from the familiar touch that it was him holding onto it. I stood there for a moment, gazing at him before he started pulling his arm back.

"Come here, toots. I don't bite." He grinned as he said this, tugging me down beside him on the mattress. My heart raced as his arm wrapped itself around my waist, pulling me close to his side. I could feel the warmth of our bodies radiating against one another. My cheeks flushed with intense warmth as I nervously gazed down at the messy coffee table.  "You know..." He begun lowly, leaning to my ear as he spoke. "If you wanted to give it a try... I wouldn't mind sharing."

His deep, raspy voice sent shivers up my spine. I felt myself blushing again, causing me to shift in place awkwardly. "N-No... it's ok. I'm good." I stuttered, biting my bottom lip slightly as I glanced to my left. Pico let out a sigh as he proceeded to take another hit. I looked back over to the black-tinted pipe, the flickering of the lighter snapping me out of my self-inflicted trance.

Unlike before, more smoke filled the object, making its way into the air. The ginger leisurely moved his left hand onto my thigh as he exhaled a large puff of smoke. A cough escaped his lips, causing him to release some of it. I looked down to his hand, steadily moving it off my thigh and onto the mattress.

"Damn, that sucks." Pico said, his voice a bit strained from coughing. "Too bad. Maybe next time." He placed the pipe down on the table, moving his hand on top of mine as he did this. He turned his attention to Otis asking, "So why did you come up this way again dude?" "Ooooh yeahh hehe. The new Alien Hominid game came out and they have it at the mall here." Otis explained giddily, leaning back to the wall behind us.

"Ah shit, yeah. You still wanna go?" "Yeaahhhh~" "Aight, let's get off our high and then we'll head out." Pico proposed, looking around the area for something. "Ok~"

The ginger grabbed a pillow he found next to his feet. Propping it behind my head and back with his available hand. With his left arm still wrapped around me, he moved us back against the wall. Getting into a comfortable position before closing his eyes. Besides the occasional giggles from Otis and the record player finishing its final song, the room was overall silent. I could hear our heartbeats beating gently as I rested my head against the side of his chest, synchronized with one another.

I closed my eyes, getting into a comfortable position as well. A soft smile creeping its way onto my face. Today was super long and busy with school and secretly moving. And honestly, it felt good just to relax. I laid not thinking about anything in particular or even trying to sleep. It had been awhile since I felt this way and it was nice to finally experience a sense of relaxation again. No worries at all...