𝟏 | 𝐈𝐭 𝐈𝐬 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐌𝐲 𝐃𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐬

Rewrite 3-31-23

A/N's: I decided to rewrite this since it's the first chapter, plus I'm still working on the final chapters and wanted to go back and fix some things. Idk how this republishing works for chapters, so if anyone's comments get deleted then I'm so sorry 😭

———————————————————————

I hummed in annoyance, turning onto my back leisurely. Making sure that my blankets stayed on my body. I tossed my hand mindlessly across what I thought was my end table in search of my phone. The sound of my ringtone Jellyfish Jam blasting in my ears as I poked at my screen, not wanting to open my eyes.

"Heyy bestie!" I sighed as I brought my phone to my ear, not bothering to turn it on speaker. "Keith, what is it?" I asked irritably, my throat scratching with every breath. Turning onto my left side, I placed my phone down my pillow. Curling into myself as I took in the warmth of my fluffy, [F/C] blanket. Keith continued talking about some nonsense I couldn't understand, the only thing occupying my mind was wondering why my best friend decided to wake me up so early.

"Anyhow, ima be heading out soon to your place." "Huh, why?" I queried, steadily sitting up. "Our project, silly! I was going to meet you at your dorm, and we were gonna head to the library to work on it." "The... CRAP!" I flung the covers off me, jolting out of bed. Immediately falling face first onto the concrete floors, not remembering that I had a platform bed.

"OW!" I yelled, clutching onto my blanket that fell with me as I rolled onto my back. My forehead throbbing in pain. "[Y/N], you good shawty??" I heard Keith asked with concern. "Yeah..." I groaned in annoyance, opening my eyes as I grasped my phone. I sat up slowly, the pain in my forehead and side worsening as I moved.

"Well, I'll let you get ready, aight?" "'K... see you in a few." With that, the phone called ended. I sighed as I leaned back against my raised bed. "Who thought that having a platform bed was a good idea?" I thought, pushing myself off the floor steadily. "Ugh, I suppose I should get ready then."

I picked myself off the floor, heading straight for my IKEA dresser and began digging through the drawers for today's outfit. After ten minutes of indecisiveness, I finally settled on a black crop top and camouflage cargo pants that complimented my figure. Grabbing a new pair of undergarments, I made my way to my bathroom and commenced my morning routine.

"Yo." I heard the familiar voice call out casually amidst my dorm door swinging open. "You done getting ready yet? We can't be late." I popped my head out from the bathroom, meeting gazes with the cyanette in casual clothing. "Says the one that never shows up to class." I teased with a soft chuckle, finishing brushing my hair before stepping out of the facility. I closed the door behind me, grabbing my backpack and black ankle boots from beside my nightstand. "I'm all set to go." I announced, swinging my bag over my shoulder with a smile.

"Heh, sweet!" Keith grinned as we stepped out of my dorm room. I locked the door behind us, taking extra precaution to assure it was locked before we left the area. As we started our journey to campus, we begun talking about random things that came to mind. School, anime. Our typical conversations. We ended up so caught into conversation, we didn't realize the time upon entering the campus entrance.

"Ah, crap." I said under my breath, shoving my phone into my pocket. Five minutes late to class. I grasped Keith's hand, pulling him along as I hurried my steps. "Come on, we're late!" "And? What else is new?" Keith laughed, shoving his hand into his baggy jean pocket. "Oh, come on Keith! Try and act like you care a little bit about school for once!" I huffed a response, but was soon halted in place as I felt my arm jerk behind me.

Peeking over my shoulder, I found Keith had stopped where he stood. Looking to me nonchalantly, he removed my grip on his hand. "Listen, how about you head to class, and I'll go to the library?" I turned around to face the smaller male, confused by his proposal. "But what about-" "Bestie," Keith placed a hand on my shoulder, smiling up to me. "it's ok. You head to class and we'll meet up later, aight?"

I stared down to the cyanette, contemplating on a response before letting out a defeated sigh. "Finee." I grumbled with pursed lips. Keith's smile grew to a flashy grin as he heard my response. "Great! I'll see you around then." He swiftly turned around, starting his journey in the opposing direction. "Wait, text me later when you're all set to meetup!" I shouted, watching as Keith walked off. "Will do!" He shot a peace sign above his head as he blended in with the earthy scenery.

I turned back around to the stone and brick buildings, starting my walk to them. Today's weather wasn't all too bad, though it seemed a bit cooler than yesterday. I folded my arms in front of my chest, observing nearby groups of students chatting amongst themselves on a typical, Wednesday morning. Finally reaching my class's building, I merged in with a small group of students entering the building as well. Climbing up the stone and wood steps up to my History class.

A couple flights later, I turned a quick corner and was about to approach the lecture hall. Only to halt in place as a nearby door creaking open caught my attention. I hummed in confusion, glancing to my left before being forcibly yanked inside the dark abyss. "Mmph!" I cried out as a clothed hand covered my mouth, the sound of a door closing behind me caused my body to panic further. The dimmed light eventually fading to black, and the room deemed silence despite my desperate attempts to flee.

I felt a pair of hands place themselves on my shoulders, turning my shaky body around as it bumped up against a cold, metal rack. I frantically darted my eyes about, trying to think of anything that could be useful right now. Yet, nothing was coming to mind except the sound of my heavy heartbeat ringing in my ears.

"Tell me." The non-distinctive voice hissed, leaning in close to my face. "You're with them, aren't you?" "W-With who?" I stuttered, feeling my heartbeat reach my throat. The voice chuckled cunningly to themselves, their breath reeking of strawberry flavored pocky. "I can hear your thoughts running through your head, idiot." The person slammed my body further into the rack, practically pinning me at this point. "Don't lie to me."

"I-I'm not. I promise!" I said through shaky breaths, tears welling up in my eyes. "P-Please let me go. I don't even know what you're talking about!" "Liar. I saw you with the cyan-haired male." They emphasized, gripping onto my shoulders.

"Keith?" I mumbled under my breath, quickly putting two and two together. "Oh god... please don't hurt him! I promise, we've done nothing wrong. Just let me go, please!" I pleaded through tears. Silence filled the empty void between us for an unknown time. The grip on my shoulders loosened before it moved to my wrist. "You'll live, for now." They finally announced, a clicking sound followed as they pulled me close.

A creaking sound was heard, as I felt my body stumble forwards into lightness. I ended up falling face first into the grimy, tiled floors. I glanced behind me hastily, unable to see my captor amidst the darkness of the boxy room. "Don't try and tell anyone about this occurrence or you'll regret it." The voice declared, shutting the wooden door with ease.

I sat on the ground for a moment as I began to process everything that had happened. Shortly after, I picked myself off the ground. I pulled my phone out from my pocket, checking the time on the screen. 15 minutes late. I sighed in defeat, placing my phone back in my pants. "Dammit..." I muttered, walking the opposite way from my class carefully. "Wouldn't be any point in going now. I'll just head to the bathroom and clean up."