𝟒 | 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐅𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧' (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈)

Weeks had past since the get together at the diner. College had remained the same, though the workload seemed to only lessen with every passing day. The incident that took place with that mystery person never fully left my mind. Popping up here and there whenever I wasn't keeping myself busy. I was never able to figure out what that person wanted from Keith and I. Nothing necessary happened with either one of us, which you'd think would be relieving. Yet, not knowing only made matters worse for my already fucked up mind.

Today was Friday, and instead of going out to some college party, I decided to spend my night catching up on some homework. Listening to my comfort playlist of songs from a game I've played and loved. That is, until I heard my phone vibrate against my leg. I looked down to my electronic device, placing my notebook down on my bed and picked up the device. Turning it on and tapping on the newest notification.

XXX-XXX-XXXX:
Hey; you up for tonight?

You💅🏻:
I'm sorry, who's this?

XXX-XXX-XXXX:
Shit, Keith didn't tell you?
It's Pico. He gave your number.
Don't know why.

You💅🏻:
Oh! Hey, sorry! 😅
What was tonight now?
I don't remember anything being planned.

Pico:
That dumbass, I swear.

As Pico was typing something out, I got another notification on my phone from Cherry. I switched conversations, reading the message she sent.

🍒Cherry🍒:
Hey girly! You home?

You💅🏻:
Yeah, why?

Just as I finished typing, a knock could be heard from my door. "Yoohoo~" A fainted yet familiar voice could be heard from the other side. "The hell?" I got off of my bed, turning my phone off prior to heading towards the door. I opened it to Cherry standing outside in the hallway with a huge smile on her face and a bunch of black bags.

"Hey girlfriend~!" She greeted, walking into my room. "Cherry, what are you doing here??" I questioned in disbelief, closing the door behind me. She placed the bags on my bed before looking in my direction. "I'm here to get you dolled up for the Friday Funkin'." She said casually. "Whoa whoa whoa. Cher, I'm not into that kind of shit." I stated, heading towards her. "Oh honey, it's not like that!" She insisted. "It's where we all get together and have friendly rap competitions on a Friday night!"

"Oooh Keith's rap battles." I realized, both of us looking down at the bags she brought with her. "Yeah! Some competitors even get noticed at these! They make it really big in the music industry too!" She added, opening up one of her bags revealing an assortment of makeup. "Anyhow, do you have any makeup yourself? I brought my own just in case you needed it." "Oh um... I only really use mascara and concealer." I responded, looking up at her.

She then opened up a few more bags which contained rather revealing clothes and high heels. "Well that's barely anything! It's a good thing I'm here." Cherry placed her hands on my shoulders, motioning me to sit on my bed. "Now, what should we start with?"

. . .

"Oh my god! Girl, you look stunning!" Cherry squealed in excitement when she saw me for the first time with my new look. Clapping her hands together as she grinned ear to ear. I came out of the bathroom wearing a skimpy, black dress that accentuated my cleavage, paired with some black fishnets and thigh high heeled boots. On top of that, I wore a thick choker necklace that Cherry lent. My [H/C] hair was pulled back in a half-up ponytail, accompanied by a natural, smokey eyed look.