𝟑𝟎 | 𝐁𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 (𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐎𝐕, 𝐅𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟)

[Brought to you by Papa Rei's rice balls.]

1 Month Later, November Night

"Hey, could you grab me a bowl please?" [Y/N] called out, opening the drawer beside her. "Coming." Pico pushed himself off the ground, examining his handiwork before proceeding to the kitchen. "What kind of bowl do you need?"

"Just a small one." She responded, pulling a spoon and knife out from the counter drawer, placing the knife on the quartz countertop. "Oh! I forgot; we're going to need two more bowls for the soup." "Right." Pico opened the top cabinets, reaching in for three small bowls. One being bigger than the other two.

The ginger closed the cabinet, making his way towards his crush. Placing a hand on her right shoulder. "Here you go-" He cut himself off mid-sentence, flinching suddenly as [Y/N] jerked her body to the side. Gripping the spoon that she held onto, [Y/N] pointed it directly at Pico's face with a fearful expression. "Crap..." She whispered, letting out a deep sigh of relief as she lowered her utensil. "S-Sorry! I just... I thought you were someone else." [Y/N] explained, taking the bowls from the ginger. "Thanks for the help. I appreciate it." She returned her focus back to the food preparation, paying close attention to the recipe on her phone.

"Of course." Pico stayed beside her, watching as the [H/C] began mixing a mayo and cheese blend in the bigger bowl. Knitted brows surfaced onto her face as she stirred firmly. "You sure you're ok?" He asked shortly after, referring to this morning.

[Y/N] stopped stirring, staring down to the bowl. "Yeah." She responded hastily, placing the spoon gently against the bowl. "It was just a nightmare, bub. I'm ok. See?" She gazed up at Pico, forcing a small smile. "I'm ok, don't worry." Pico gazed back uncertainly before extending a hand out, ruffling the top of her head with a grin. "Alright, I believe ya." He said, his smile widening upon hearing [Y/N]'s sweet giggles.

Pico made his way back to the living room, pushing back the fabric he hung above the wide archway. The wafting smells of earthiness mixed with sweet cinnamon lingered into the lit interior. He stood in front of the TV, examining the drapery of blankets in front of him. A soft exhale escaped his lips as he made his way behind the couch. Grabbing a Five Below box he had hidden away and bringing it to the handmade fort's entrance.

He began pulling out each item one at a time, reorganizing his original setup of the sofa's pillows and [Y/N]'s abundance of Squishmallows to make room for his new additions. Setting aside folded blankets that they'd be using for their "date night" after placing a small, white fuzzy rug [Y/N] had at her dormitory at the foot of the couch. At the sound of the stovetop clicking off, Pico quickly emptied the box out before rushing out of the structure. Taking the cardboard box with him.

"Hey, need help?" He asked with a nervous chuckle, throwing the box to the side. Hastily making his way around the island, taking notice of the wooden tray the [H/C] held with the small bowls of tomato soup. [Y/N] peeked over her shoulder, smiling sweetly to the ginger. "Sure, here." She said, handing him the tray. "I'm just going to cut a couple slices of the pumpkin roll to bring in with us, ok?"

"Yup." Pico nodded with hasty footing, halfway out of the kitchen as he spoke. He could still smell the fragrances of herbs and acidity from the adjacent room after dropping the soup off in the tent. Making his way back to the kitchen. "Say, how come you wanted us to dress up?" [Y/N] asked, brushing off bits of crumbs from her pleated black skirt. Awkwardly picking up the plates of grilled cheese and pumpkin roll, she managed to balance the three plates as she turned to the living room.