𝟏𝟑 | 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

"Alright, my turn! So... have you dated anyone besides Keith?"
"Huh? Why that of all questions?" He asked with a baffled look, cocking an eyebrow.
I shrugged, keeping eye contact with the ginger. "I don't know, it just came to mind. Have you though?"

A gentle breeze caressed my arm as we strolled to a grocery store on our way back home. Today was Thursday — a couple days after I met Pico's cousin and hung out with Keith and Cherry — and I had recently gotten out of my Pastry Arts class. Unknowingly, Pico met me outside of my class! He said he was in the area and remembered my class schedule so he decided to surprise me!

It was so sweet; I couldn't help but smile when I saw him standing there. I really didn't care in the moment if people were staring or talking about us. Since then, we decided to play 21 Questions to get to know each other better. Something Pico suggested so then the walk home wouldn't be boring.

"I mean..." He begun hesitantly. "I've tried, but nothing serious. You?" "Oh, I actually never dated before." I admitted with a higher pitched voice, chuckling nervously. "I guess I'm just waiting on the right one." Pico let out a heavy exhale, his shoulders slumped forwards slightly. "Really?" "Yeah." I replied, a little confused by the sudden change in mood. But didn't think too much of it. "No one really wants to date an antisocial nerd with crippling anxiety. I mean, would you?" "If they were as cute as you, yeah. I would."

"You think I'm cute?" I asked, my heart fluttering at the compliment. Pico's face fell as he heard my response; his cheeks flushing a soft red color as he darted his eyes away from me. "I-I..." He stammered under his breath, rubbing the back of his neck. "Don't get the wrong idea; there was nothing to it." He responded hastily, clearing his throat. "Oh. S-Sorry..." I murmured as I glanced away, unsure of how to respond. I clutched onto my bag straps as we continued to walk, now in silence.

The sun's rays shined down on us, casting a golden glow over our surroundings. The cool wind brushed against my skin, sending a chill up my spine. I shivered lightly, shoving my hands into my sweatshirt pockets. I hated how once fall came around, the weather would start to have a mind of its own: One day it's 70 degrees, the next it's like you're living up in Alaska. The scenery was always pretty though, especially with the trees changing colors.

"Hey, you good?" Pico asked, breaking the awkward silence. "Hm?" I looked up to him, smiling softly at the concern in his voice. "Yeah, just a little chilly today." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder abruptly, pulling me close to his side. His body heat instantly warming me, his chest bumping against mine. "Is this ok?" I nodded, resting my head against his shoulder.

It wasn't long until we approached the end of the street. Pico reached over beside him and pressed the crosswalk button, keeping his arm wrapped around me. I watched as the cars drove past us, waiting patiently for the lights to turn. As my eyes wandered about, the distinct instrumental of Basket Case by Green Day could be heard close by. "God dammit." Pico muttered with a groan, pulling his phone out from his pocket with his available hand. I looked up, watching as he brought his phone to his ear in annoyance. "What is it Pinky?"

I turned my attention away from the conversation, not paying much attention to it after a few seconds. Traffic began dialing down and eventually the lights turned from green to red. The crosswalk followed, signaling us to cross the street safely. We both stepped off the curb, making our ways to the other side of the road. Just as we approached the other sidewalk, I felt my phone vibrate in my pants pocket. I moved my head off of the ginger, pulling it out and seeing that Cherry messaged me.