31 - # ALL I WANT IS YOU

Start from the beginning

mandalay's voice continues. "two villains attacked us. it's possible there are more coming. everyone return to camp immediately. we're regrouping. do not engage any enemies."

aizawa whips around, "i'll look after the other students, protect them."

with unnatural energy, aizawa rips the classroom door and runs down the halls of the facility, eyes widened as he looks through the clear glass doors in front of him. they hiss open as he freezes, his eyes following the bright blue flames up to the black smoke rising into the sky.

"looks like your concern has you distracted, eraser."

aizawa turns to the side, a scarred villain smirking at him with his hand extended, azure flames dancing in his palm.

"vlad-!"

a blast of fire cuts aizawa off.

dabi smirks. "you pros outta lay off. we haven't come here for any of you, so just stay out of our way."

-

meanwhile, a flash of viridian, and izuku snatches kota away from the villain. the two reel back, coughing as dust settles in their throats.

"w-what're you doing?" kota gasps, tears streaming down his face.

the villain, muscular, stands tall as he strides over to the two kids, pointing to the viridian-haired boy. "huh. now, you, i recognize. you were on the list."

izuku glances back at his phone, fallen out of his pocket and skidded to the side of the mountain, the screen shattered. he looks back at the villain, then at kota, and clenches his fists, cursing silently.

"hey, i promise everything will be okay." izuku whispers, his voice trembling as green sparks illuminate around his body. he stands up, dirt scraping against his shoes. "i'm going to save you, kota."

muscular smirks. "you really think you can save this little brat?" he chuckles. "that does sound like something a wannabe hero would say. your kind sure likes to mouth off about justice."

kota chokes on a sob, slapping a hand over his mouth as izuku stands in front of him protectively.

"the name's midoriya, right? perfect. we were told we could take some initiative and kill you. but first, a little torment... show me your blood!"

he lunges forward, punching izuku to the side and sending him crashing into the mountain, the rocks crumbling over his body as he anxiously tries to push himself out. izuku coughs, vision blurring as tears glass his waterline over the searing pain spreading along his skin.

"whoopsie! oh, yeah, maybe you can help me out a little bit first. do you know where i can find some kids named bakugo and suzuki around here?"

izuku's breath hitches, a feeling akin to a knife twisting in his gut forming as he flings himself to the side to avoid muscular's attack. heart pounding in his ears, he looks to his shattered phone desperately, and then back to the camp where azure flames destroy everything in its path.

coughing, he pushes himself up and leans down, looking up at the villain. "what do you want with them?"

"ooh, did i hit a nerve?" muscular chuckles, "you're angry now, good!"