Chapter 38: Date Crashers

Start from the beginning

My gaze goes next to Mashirao, wondering how they looped him into this.

"I literally don't even know how they got me here. I was taken before I even know what was going on." Mashirao says tiredly, pointing a blaming finger at the pink girl and electric boy.

"Hey, getting kidnapped is my thing. I expect better of you, Mashi." I tease my friend, but he's the only one who laughs. Everyone else tenses up slightly at my joking, and Eijiro takes my hand worriedly again. "Sorry, too soon?"

"Always too soon, Ri-Ri." Mashi smirks at me and I giggle before turning to Eijiro, seeing his worried look.

"Sorry, my humor is weird." I chuckle to him, then place a reassuring kiss on his cheek. "So, now that we have an audience, what should we do with the rest of our day?"

"Well, we only have a couple of hours left, should we grab some pizza?" Eijiro asks me, and I nod quickly in agreement. We both take off and leave the others, but know they're going to follow us anyway.

"Wait, we want pizza!" Kaminari yells in complaint and runs up to us, and just like that, our date is now a group hang out.

"How did you guys even leave campus? I'm surprised Aizawa let you." I ask as we sit down to eat, two large pizzas already ordered for all of us to share.

"It was easy, I just told Aizawa we were following you guys, he told us just not to get in any trouble." Kaminari says proudly, and I grumble at my teacher's action.

"Someone's not getting their coffee anymore, the damn traitor." I grumble to myself quietly. Mina was starting to talk about something or other, but a shrill voice cut through our conversations and made my spine tense instantly.

"Well look at that, this place let's useless trash sit around, how unsightly." The shrill, grating voice of Nikki Takamoto cuts through our group's chatter. "Oh wait, the cyclops wouldn't know about unsightly things, since she's so uselessly blind and all." Multiple laughs join in on her taunting, and I recognize all of them. Sure enough, when I look at who approached our table, there Nikki is, surrounded by my other childhood bullies, Yasushi Konda and Manami Otonari.

"I can't believe she even walks out in public with the shame of how weak she is. I mean getting kidnapped for a second time, it's no wonder her daddy is ashamed of her and hides her away." Manami adds in next, and at this point the table realizes these three are talking about me.

"Look, she found new people to pity her. Maybe she had to buy her way into having friends, it's not like anyone would hang out with a cyclops for the joy of it, I mean just look at how ugly her new cut is." Yasushi sneers, leaning his tall strong body over the table to intimidate me.

"Go fuck off, you weak ass extras!" Bakugo growls at them, going to stand from his spot by the window.

"You can't talk to my girlfriend like that. I won't allow it." Eijiro also stands up, and his spot is right on the edge of the seats so he's easily able to get in their faces. He has a heated glare in his eyes that I've never seen before, and we've faced villains together.

"Boyfriend?" Nikki scoffs dismissively, then turns a sneering look at me. "As if anyone would date her. You must be in it for the fame of her family, but I wouldn't waste your time, her hero daddy doesn't care about her."

"Wow." I chuckle out, finally speaking and drawing the attention of everyone. I stand as well then, clapping sarcastically at the new arrivals. "Thanks for the blast from the past, I really forgot how toddlers throw tantrums when they don't get their way, so thanks for the reminder." I then turn to my friends, all of whom look varying levels of pissed off and ready to fight. "Oh, introductions are in order. Future heroes, meet the future villains of Japan." I dramatically wave my hands like a show host to the three uninvited newcomers. "Future villains, meet the people who will be locking your ass away because your bad attitudes will only leave you with a career in a life of crime."