Chapter 31: Come a Long Way

Start from the beginning

"He's such a mother hen." I try to roll my eyes, but I feel pain in my left one so I stop that quickly. "Thanks, Ina-nii. Love you."

"Love you too." He says warmly before leaving the room. I don't have to wait long before the door reopens and several people pile into my room.

"Ri-Ri!" "Risa!" "Irisa!" "Yoarashi!" Several voices call out happily. Mashirao, Kirishima, Kaminari, and Sero all yell out excitedly, the rest are calmer in their entrance. Behind them is Tokoyami, Shoji, Bakugo, Iida, Midoriya, and Todoroki.

"Ugh, you boys are so rude shoving us out of the way!" Mina yells out, entering the room next. All the girls from the class are here too, and they all push their way through the boys to crowd into the room.

"There are too many people in this room!" A nurse comes immediately over and yells at everyone. "Limit the groups to no more than four! Out! Now!" She ushers most of them out, but Kirishima, Mashirao, and Makoto refuse to leave.

"We'll sort out groups out here, you guys stay for now." Iida, ever the organizer, says from the door before closing it.

"Wow, I've come a long way." I observe quietly to myself, my eyes on the door. I watch through the window as my friends actually argue who gets to see me next. I glance over and lock eyes with Mashirao, and he gives me a smile and a knowing look.

"You sure have, Ri-Ri." Mashirao says softly from his seat on my left. "I'm gonna have to up my game if I want to stay at the top of the list of your friends." He teases.

"There's no competition." I reassure him. "They're all fighting for second place." I chuckle, and hear a throat clear nervously on my right. "Sorry, fighting for third." I say with a grin to my red headed friend.

My smile slacks though... I don't want to classify him as a friend... I didn't realize it until I was in his arms after the rescue, but it was his touch that made me feel truly safe and warm again. I felt better when I hugged Mashirao, and I felt relieved when I hugged Bakugo. But when I was held in Kirishima's arms? I felt complete.

"Risa." Kirishima says warmly, taking my hand once again in his own, and again making me feel warm in my very heart. The look he was giving me was causing butterflies in my stomach.

"Hi Sunstone." I say softly, squeezing his hand. "You look good with your hair like that." I compliment him, seeing his normally spiked hair laying flat like it had the first day I met him, only now it's still his signature red.

"I was in a hurry to get back here." He says sheepishly. Makoto's less than subtle clearing of his throat from his spot on the wall brought our attention to him. However, his eyes were staring daggers at mine and Kirishima's clasped hands. Kirishima went to nervously release mine, but I held on tight, making Mashirao chuckle from my side.

"I'm so happy to see you awake, Ms. Irisa." Makoto says warmly to me once he dragged his eyes to mine. "Your friends have been very... exuberant in their wait to see you." He spits the word 'friend' out with a sharp glare to Kirishima for a moment, again making Mashirao chuckle.

"They're an interesting bunch. Quiet isn't really in their definition." I ignore his annoyed expression and give him a smile, then turn to my best friend and add in an undertone for only him to hear. "I'm so glad I could entertain you, Chuckles."

The entire class ended up showing up by the end of the greetings. Inasa stayed with our dad the whole time, which either means he was waiting for him to wake up, or our dad was awake and they were talking about something that took hours. I swear at one point while Momo was talking I could hear my brother yelling, but it was too far away to make out for sure. Makoto had gone to check for me, but his reassuring nod when he came back was a little less than reassuring.