He looked at the ear thermometer and said calmly, "Your fever has subsided."

    ***

    Two weeks later.

    Morningstar stray dog ​​rescue base is located in a row of abandoned factories near the national highway in the western suburbs of Bin Cheng. It had just rained, and the ground was muddy and weeds were overgrown everywhere. 

   Xin Qi got out of the car and walked 500 meters to the base office.

    The door was half open, and a woman wearing sunglasses and jeans was talking in a low voice with two staff members in their thirties.

    Seeing him knocking on the door, she froze for a moment: "Mr. Xin Qi, Mr. Xin, what gust of wind brought you here? Already?"

    "Good morning, ma'am."

    This person is Zheng Yi Ting, Cheng Qi Rang's wife, and Xin Qi has met her several times, so she is an acquaintance. 

  The two shook hands, Zheng Yi Ting took off her sunglasses, looked at him, and asked, "How do you know I'm here?"

    "They said that you have set up a stray dog ​​rescue center outside the west city. I'll come and have a look."

    He said with a smile, "By the way, I brought a truckload of dog food, and the driver will move in later."

   "Thank you." Zheng Yi Ting smiled,
  " I'm going to have a look at the yard, together?"

    "Okay."

    The two of them strolled out, turned to the right, and there were kennels facing each other. There are stray dogs of different sizes and breeds living in it, and they look disheveled and scruffy. 

;When they saw someone coming, they ran around, barking and making a lot of noise.

    "Have you ever raised a dog?" Zheng Yi Ting asked.

    "There is a collie at home in New York. He is twelve years old and lives with my parents."

"Twelve years old ? That's my grandfather."

    "Yeah. It looks healthy now and eats well. It’s just slow and doesn’t like to move around.”

    After that, he took out his mobile phone, clicked on the photo album, and swipe to show her one by one, “Well, this is it, it loves to eat sawdust, so I dare not take it to the park "

    "It's great to grow old with the dog."

    Zheng Yi Ting sighed. She is very small, and she can be seen to be very good at taking care of herself. She has a round face that has undergone some kind of treatment, and it is so white and tender that it shines. 

   A Hermès crocodile-skin Kangkang bag was slung across her body, with a calm and composed demeanor.

    Sure enough, she was Zheng Lan's daughter. She had never seen anything since she was a child.

    "I have an office in Guan Chao, just opposite your building," she said, "Why do you come here to see me?"

    "Of course I want to visit you in Guan Chao, but in the current situation, I'm afraid it's not welcome .” Xin Qi said.

    Zheng Yi Ting paused, stopped, looked at him coldly, and didn't answer. 

   Turning around, she led him to a simple reception room with a table and four rattan chairs. She pointed to the chairs and said, "Please sit down. You must not be here to see these dogs, are you?"