𝟎𝟐𝟐

a/n I'm not going to be adding header things anymore cause I'm running out of them lol
anyways enjoy !!
•••

Chapter twenty two
fuck you.

                Vinnie's POV
   * earlier that day *

As I stood on the second crate to the top, I peak out the corner of my eye and see Maddy standing below me with her hands together looking more nervous than I was. I look back down at my feet and step up onto the top crate which immediately shook causing me to lose my balance.

I feel myself falling off of three crates and I could hear the my name leave Maddy's lips as I jumped away from the crates and landed on the grass. The others yelled out things when I landed but my attention was only on Maddy. Her hands were covering her eyes even after I had landed safely.

I smile to myself as I climbed to my feet and walked over to her. I wrap my hands around her wrists and pull her hands away showing her shut eyes which quickly opened revealing her sparkling green eyes that reminded me of little lillypads. "I'm fine, Mads." I chuckled.

"Oh my god." She let out a breath. "You idiot!" She whacked my arm making me pull my arm back to my body.

"Ow, that hurt." I frown.

"Yeah, good." She shot me a glare. My mouth dropped open in shock. "Why're you mad at me? I was so quick with my dodging skills." It was true, my dodging skills were pretty impressive.

She hummed a response then looked back at the crates to which her eyes then widened. "Wait, am I still going after that train wreck?"

"You'll be fine. You're a lot lighter than me so you'll just float up there like a feather." I smiled wide at her trying to make her relax.

"No way."

"Yes way." I respond and grab her shoulders and walk her over to the crates.

If I was being honest, I'd prefer her to keep her feet on the ground and away from this death trap, but I don't want the others thinking anything if I held her back.

"Maddy's up next!" Alex declares and zoomed his camera in on her.

As she stands there debating in her head what she should do, I can't help but feel my chest grow warm and a smile form on my face just at the sight of her.

But I can't like her. Having actual feelings for someone has and will never work out for me. Something always ends up going wrong, if it was because of me and this whole stupid famous on tiktok thing, or because they end up with someone else because I'm not enough for them, it just never lasted long at all.

Maddy also being popular on the app will probably bring more hate to her and I couldn't put her through that.

I could never be good for Maddy. My fans would tear her apart at the slightest thing and I wouldn't forgive myself if she becomes some target for them. I know how extreme they get and there's no way anyone that I care about is going to go through that.

But it's hard. My thoughts are constantly being occupied by her and I often find myself thinking what it would be like to call her mine. Jacks words from earlier were replaying in my head like a broken record.