𝟎𝟏𝟑

Chapter thirteen❝ secret

Chapter thirteen
secret.

"Holy shit this is good." I giggle as I take another hit before passing it back to Harrison.

"From my own personal grower." A relaxed smile formed on his face as he settled back into some old wooden deck chairs that were out here for some reason.

I was riding the high, not remembering what time it was or what else was going on around us — my mind was just on me, Harrison and whatever the floaty thing was out in the water.

"Hey...you see that?" I squint my eyes and lean forward trying to get a better view of the bopping object.

"Yeah, I think it's just a buoy." He chuckled and took another hit.

"A boy? Oh man, we gotta go help him." I shake my head as I push myself up and run towards the water.

"No—"

As I reach the water I pull my shoes off then lift my shirt over my head and slide off my shorts leaving me in just my bikini before running into the water with my eyes fixed on the drowning boy.

"Maddy!" I hear Harrison call out.

I turn around and wave to him. "Come on Harrison, the kid looks pretty big. I'll need some help!"

I dove into the water and the coolness immediately suffocated my once warm body but it was refreshing. Once I resurfaced, I look back at the shore to see Harrison standing there with his arms crossed and from the glow of the nearby party and the moonlight reflecting off of the water, I could see him shaking his head with a small smile as he watched me.

"Harrison pleaseee." I drag out my words as I whine for him to join me. "It's actually really refreshing and plus, the kid is going to drown if we leave him any longer!"

"Maddy, it's an inanimate object." He calls out.

"Well that's rude." I mutter before turning around and swim out to where I last saw the boy.

As I was swimming my clouded mind trails away from it's original thoughts leaving me clueless as to why I was in the water. I dip under the water and swim freely in the darkness not knowing or caring what was around me before turning to head back to surface to float on my back.

The stars were brighter out here due to the fact that there were no city lights dimming the glow in the sky. I feel a smile grow on my face and giggles leave my lips the longer I look at the sky. It felt like I was in some whirlpool spinning me around and around until I was submerged under the water once more.