𝟎𝟏𝟔

Chapter sixteen❝ I hate you

Chapter sixteen
I hate you.

"Maddy, I know you're in here." He repeated. I was frozen.

"Why are you in here." I mutter.

"Oh to use the bathroom, obviously." Sarcasm dripped from his words and I could hear his eyes rolling.

"This is the girls bathroom, Vinnie." I tell him. "Get out before you get us all kicked out cause you were being a creep."

"Come out. I know you're just sitting in there." He sighed.

"So what if I am. Why do you care?" I was getting agitated by his presence since it was the last that I wanted or needed right now.

"Stop being stubborn and come out." He tapped the door.

"And what if I scream? They'll think you're some pervert trying to get into the stall with me." I fire back.

I hear him groan in frustration which only made me smile.

"What do the others think you're doing? Surely you following me in here is a little weird."

"I dunno, I just said I was going to the bathroom to take a shit. No questions there."

"I hate you." I mutter before standing up.

"How touching." He sarcastically smiles at me as I open the door.

"Okay, you can leave now." I say as I walk to the sink and wash my hands even though I didn't do anything.

"What's the matter with you? You've been acting so weird all day." He looks at me through the reflection of the mirror. I don't look back at him, instead I got a paper towel and dried my hands.

"I don't know what you're talking about. This is exactly how we usually act towards each other." I say as I throw the paper into the trash and finally turn to face him as I lean against the basin and cross my arms.

"But it's not fun when you're actually upset." He states.

"Who says I'm upset? You don't know how I act, Vinnie. We don't know each other." I gesture my hand between us as I say this, getting a little agitated again. "You shouldn't even be in here, what if someone walks in?"

"Stop asking so many questions, god damn. It's fine, I'm quick with my excuses, and it seems like you are too." His eyebrows furrow slightly at this.