𝟎𝟎𝟏

Chapter one❝ California won't wait for you

Chapter one
California won't wait for you.

"Bro you're going to be living with fucking Vinnie Hacker." The sound of my best friend dramatically flopping backwards onto my bed makes me chuckle. "If he makes a move on you what do you think you'd do?"

"Nor, he's not going to 'make a move' on me." I stand up and turn to her, tossing a few items of clothes that I picked out of my closet onto her face.

She swipes them off her face and sits up, "but Maddy, you're a hot new bombshell walking into the house. This is like a real life love island!" She exaggerates.

"Love island is real life...besides the point, I'm not going in there looking to hook up with anyone." I roll my eyes and take the clothes out of Nora's hands and fold them into my suitcase.

"I give it two weeks." She mumbles.

I turn my head with a raised eyebrow. "Hm?"

"Two weeks and you've hooked up with him."

I gasp. "Nora, are you...slut shaming me?" I hold back my smile as I pick up a pillow that was sitting on the ground beside me, hiding it from her view.

"Oh, of course I am." She smiles.

"You bitch!" I whack her with the pillow making her shriek and fall backwards laughing.

I stand up and toss the pillow at her face. "Can you believe I'm moving to California." I sigh and lay down beside her.

She takes the pillow and moves it under her head and rolls over to face me. "Florida will be so different without you." She pouts.

"Promise you won't replace me." I hold my pinky up between us. She automatically links hers with mine and smiles. "How could I replace the beloved, tiktok famous, best friend since diapers— Maddy Anderson?" We kiss our thumbs then release our pinkies.

"I should be worried about you running off and becoming best friends with Charli Damelio or that Avenue girl."

"Avani?" I raise an eyebrow.

"See, you're already defending her." She rolls her eyes.

"Defending?!" I sit up laughing.

"I've lost my best friend to Avenue." Nora rolls over and lays face down pretending to cry into the bed covers.

"Is this a good idea?" I ask laying down on my elbows and pushing my hands through my hair.