𝟎𝟐𝟏

Chapter twenty one❝ maybe you'll be an exception

Chapter twenty one
maybe you'll be an exception.

When I woke up in the morning I had a weight on my stomach. After rubbing my eyes and blinking a few times to adjust, I look down and see a tattooed arm hugging my torso.

Vinnie's light snores were sounding the room making me smile a little as I looked at him peacefully sleeping. I reach over to my bedside table and go to grab my phone to check the time but his arm tightens around me pulling me back into him with a small groan making me chuckle.

I try again and quickly grab my phone then go back to laying with him shifting to tuck his face into the crook of my neck. I pause for a moment before turning on my phone and seeing that it was 9:12am.

"Vinnie." I whisper.

"Vinnie."

I let out a sigh at my failed attempts and think of another way. A grin forms on my face as I think of the most perfect, flawless way to wake him from his peaceful sleep.

I put my finger in my mouth and slowly move it towards his ear and poke it inside causing an instant reaction from him. He wakes up with a jolt, his hand instantly shooting to his ear.

"Did you...did you just give me a wet willy?" His face was scrunched in disgust as he rubbed his ear.

"Had to make sure you didn't die on me." I shrugged with a smile on my face.

"That's disgusting, Mads." He groaned and flopped his head back down onto my chest.

Mads. My heart will always flutter at the nickname.

My hand finds it's way to his hair that was tickling my neck and I start playing with it as he hugs my body close to his.

I was expecting him to be gone this morning when I woke up — snuck out to his room in the middle of the night, but no, he was in my bed still and didn't jump away from me when he woke up wondering how and why he was in here.

"How did you sleep?" He mumbles into my neck sending a shiver down my spine.

"Pretty good actually." I smile. "You?"

"Second best sleep I've had in a long time." He says tiredly.

A smile appeared on my lips. "Oh really? What was the first?"

He leans on his elbows which were on either side of my body and smiles. "When you fell asleep on me on the couch."

"Yeah that was when I hated your guts." I giggle. He raises an eyebrow at me as a smirk grows on his face. "And how about now? Do you still hate my guts?"