𝟎𝟏𝟏

Chapter eleven ❝ Enemies

Chapter eleven
Enemies. ❞

It has officially been one month since I moved into the house. Vinnie and I have distanced ourselves completely — we haven't spoken more than 3 words to each other since the night I went into his room. We only interact when someone needs content of all of us together but off cameras, we stay far apart. It's awkward when we leave our rooms at the same time though. I often wait until he passes so I don't have to be near him. He's like a disease to me now.

Having an enemy is a difficult thing. Never would I have thought the hardest thing about being an influencer was staying mad at a tiktok boy. I do want to let the grudge go, but he seems headstrong with it and there is no way I'm caving in first.

Like this morning, we were filming a YouTube video for Alex's channel like we do every few days. Painfully, fans have been shipping myself and Vinnie...I know, the irony. It all stemmed from a YouTube video Alex made a few weeks ago with the spider and other crazy animals that the strange man had brought over and they managed to catch Vinnie and I talking in the background of the vlog. He was tapping my knee and I was looking up at him and it looked like we were standing close — it made it seem like we weren't practically enemies.

Alex wanted to feed into that idea and have Vinnie and I interacting which was the last thing I wanted to do. For a few reasons,

1. I didn't really want his cultish fans coming for my throat.

2. I don't want people to think we're a thing. I'd rather choke.

But I was going to be a pleasant member of the house and do what helps the most.

I think the others have caught onto our little thing that's going on because sometimes when we're in a room all together, you can smell the tension and it's been commented on a few times. Mia and Kouvr have asked me about it and I've just given them a shrug and said I don't know what they're talking about.

Right now, I was getting ready to go out somewhere that only Michael, Jack, Mia and I were going to which I found interesting — I have no clue what we were doing, all I was told was that I needed to wear a swimming costume and bring a towel. I mean, from those few requests I had a few guesses on what we were doing, but it's been kept a secret from me.

I had on a grey bikini top with black bottoms which flattered my body nicely and I threw on some high waisted denim shorts and a white cropped singlet.

I make my way to the stairs but just before I could walk down, Michael calls out to me. "Maddy, could you tell Vinnie we're leaving?"