𝟎𝟏𝟐

Chapter twelve ❝ Weed? ❞

Chapter twelve
Weed?

"I needed that." I sigh as I climb back onto the boat. The coolness of the water sitting on my skin relaxed me as the hot sun beat down onto the lake.

I lay back down on the nose of the boat and try to get some sort of tan. I was naturally pretty tanned — being blessed with olive skin and living in a state that was constantly hot and radiating beams of sunlight, you could never be pasty.

I watched as Jack floated by himself in the water on a donut, taking in the sun like I was. I'm pretty sure he fell asleep.

"Hey, two o'clock." Michael mumbled. I sit up leaning on my elbows and look to where Michael was referring to. There was a white boat coming our direction and pretty close too.

"Hey man, how's it going?" One guy on the boat asked, looking at Michael. Their boat slowed down to stop next to us. Mia and I share a confused look but don't say anything. There were four guys on it and they all looked as if they just stepped out of a fraternity. They looked about 18-20 years old and all had matching white polo shirts, khaki shorts and black sunglasses resting atop their heads except for what appears to be the groups leader who had his glasses resting on the bridge of his nose as he eyed all of us. He stepped up on the edge of the boat and smiled.

"Pretty good, man. Yourself?" Michael asks as he leans against the edge of our boat. Vinnie walks up beside Michael and tunes into the conversation.

"Yeah good." He replied. "We're having a party down the lake tonight." He points down the lake. "Big bonfire, drinks, weed, plenty of people. You down?" The guy asks, taking a glance at the rest of us. I watch as his eyes linger on me for a moment longer than necessary before he looks away with the ghost of a smirk on his lips.

Michael looked a little surprised by his offer and turns to us. "What do y'all think?"

"I'm down." Vinnie shrugged.

"I would but I'm going out with Thomas tonight." Mia pouted.

"And pretty lady over here?" The guy gestured to me, a smile on his lips.

Before I could say anything, Vinnie was quick to respond.

"You're going out with Mia and Thomas aren't you? Too bad." He sighed.

I shoot him a glare. "No." I turn to the guy on the boat. "I'm down for a party."

"Perfect." The guy that I still don't know the name of, clapped his hands together. "We're starting to get everything ready at about 5pm so come any time after that. It's just down the other end of the lake — can't miss it." He winks then steps back into his boat and starts it up again. Before he drove away, he gave me a quick smile which I returned.