Prologue

Year 4,992 AS

The sun broke over the horizon lighting up the remains of an extremely old castle. It was destroyed, and scorched black from top to bottom with most of it being soaked from the storm that had happened the previous night. The storm had been odd to say the least. Swirling clouds, powerful winds, and what stood out the most was the blood red lighting and the silhouette of a massive dragon roaring above the clouds. Though the culprit was not the newly awakened dragon on the castle.

Fatalis, or rather his name Stormcaller who was named after his grandfather Stormbringer, had not noticed the storm. He was large, like most Fatalis, with a long serpentine neck, and a pair of large yet muscular wings. He had four horns and off white spikes going down his spine. His scales were black and his underbelly was a paler color. He had a scar going over one of his eyes, starting above his eye brow and ending just below how left eye. His amber colored eye itself though was left unharmed. The most distinct thing though was his right forearm. Instead of the normal black color it was pure white from his shoulder down. Much like his grandfather, Stormcaller had grown older than many other members of his species and his scales had started to turn white because of it. But today, something was different.

Stormcaller had woken up felling absolutely terrible. He didn't know why. Maybe it was the fact that he hadn't eaten for a week, or maybe it was because he hadn't visited any of the remaining monsters in a while, or maybe he was still feeling guilty about the fact that almost everyone he knew and loved had died and he hadn't. He thought about the possibilities as he walked towards the cliff side and stared out at the rough waves slamming against the rocks below. After a few minutes he sighed. "Oh well. It will probably go away later." He said as he looked back at the castle ruins he called home. "Has it always been that big?" he questioned. The castle seemed a lot bigger than it had the previous night.

"Ugggghhh. I must be going crazy." Stormcaller said as he closed his eyes and massage his temples. When the black dragon had opened his eyes he was staring into a conveniently placed puddle. But the Fatalis was more concerned about what was staring back at him. It wasn't the the great dragon who could burn the earth, melt through iron, and boil the river. It was a five year old dragonet, and it wasn't a Fatalis, or even a monster. It was one of those dragon tribes that called themselves NightWings. They had disappeared off of the continent a few thousand years ago, but they were still nearby. But what was a NightWing dragonet doing in a pu- Stormcaller quickly felt his face then looked at his body, and then back at the puddle.

It wasn't a dragonet in the puddle it was Stormcaller's reflection. He had a somewhat boxy snout, pitch black scales and two straight horns. The underside of his wings were littered with silver scales making them look like a starry night. His eyes were still the same amber color and he still had the scar going over his eye. And his right forearm was still snow white from his shoulder down. Sunlight shimmering off of the scales temporarily blinding anyone who would look at it.

'W-What could have caused this?' He wondered. 'How could I have not realized this sooner. Brother would never let me hear the end of this.' Stormcaller's brother was like most typical older brothers. Well that's what he assumed since he only had the one. Fireheart, Stormcaller's brother, was rude and would make fun of him at any chance he got but secretly cared about him like any brother should. And he would have become king when their grandfather died but he was missing at the time, and since then he hasn't done a single thing that could offend Stormcaller. But the last time they saw each other was about a few thousand years ago, give or take.

The now child king began pacing back and forth as he thought about the situation. 'If anyone finds out that the king has gone missing or has turned into a dragonet, their would be a massive uproar among the monsters and it would cause chaos for everyone. I just can't let word get out about this. That seems easy enough.' He tried to get a more positive outlook on the situation, but it wasn't working that well. If word got out about this, the dragons would most likely be blamed and then attacked. They wouldn't stand a chance against the monsters, and even though the dragons have numbers, it won't do much against an elder dragon. Stormcaller began to get himself calm down 'I can't get worried so easily. Grandfather would be disappointed in me. I just need to think, what would Starseer do'