working together

Makotos pov

"What a day" I collapsed onto the bed after a long day of cryptic bullcrap! I placed the knife I got down with a sigh. I just want to sleep-

*Knock knock*

I shot up drowsily. Someone was at the door. I opened it to see kyoko.

"Kyoko?" I rubbed my eyes sleepily "what are you doing here"

"I'll explain on the way" she said briskly "please follow me"

"O-ok" I felt confused but followed behind her regardless.

She eyed me up and down with a worried expression "I can see you're unwell so I'll make this quick. Afterwards make sure to get a good night's rest"

"Sure" I said, slightly thrown off by the sudden concern.

She nodded stiffly before leaning forward "I need you to distract monokuma for me"

"Wha- why? What are you planning?" I felt worried. If this goes wrong then kyoko-

"I'll be fine" she patted my shoulder "please trust me and I'll explain everything once I'm back"

I took a deep breath "ok please come back to me kyoko"

"I will" she nodded with a smile before disappearing. I took a deep breath before cupping my hands over my mouth and yelling out..

"Monokuma I want to talk to you!"

"What what!" Monokuma appeared grouchily "this better be good. I was enjoying a dream about sharing sweet honey with my pig and rabbit friends"

"Isn't that- nevermind" I shook my head "there's something I want to ask you"

"Fine make it quick!" He snapped.

Crap I didn't think this far. What can I ask him? "What exactly was stolen from you?"

"Really? That's what you wanted to ask me!" He glared at me "fine! The thing that was taken was a key. Ya happy now! Waste of my god damn time!" He disappeared, leaving a trail of swears in his wake.

"Interesting" kyoko appeared behind me. I jumped slightly "it seemed monokuma can't be controlled while monitoring. I would have been caught for sure if not"

"Kyoko please tell me what's going on" I said desperately.

"Of course" she nodded "let me tell me what I found"