near death experience

Chihiros pov

I hummed a tune to myself as I carried a duffle bag down to the boys locker room. Anyone seeing me would probably think I was happy but honestly I was really nervous. I was about to reveal one of my deepest secrets, one that I kept hidden for years but Mondo's trustworthy. I get that sense from him.

"Hello Mondo" I greeted him as I stepped into the locker room. He greeted me with a casual wave.

"I gotta say chihiro, the middle of the night is a weird time to want to train. Not that I'm complaining. I.. needed to get away" he narrowed his eyes. I looked at him worriedly. Could something be bothering him? No this is mondo we're talking about. He doesn't let anything bother him!

"Actually there's something I wanted to tell you" I figited nervously. He raised an eyebrow in response. I took a deep breath "I'm actually a boy. I've been hiding it for years"

"Holy fuck" he stumbled back in shock.

"I'm sorry I lied to you" I said tearfully.

"Nah it's cool" he scratched the back of his head awkwardly "but why come out with something like that? you've been hiding it for years right? Why now?"

"Because I don't want to be weak anymore" I said firmly "even if it's scary I want to face everyone with my head held high. You're so strong mondo. I bet this whole secret thing isn't even bothering you. I want to be strong like you-"

"Enough!" He snapped, causing me to tense up "what is this? Do you think you're better than me or something!"

"N-no" I trembled under his angry gaze "I admire you. I admire your strength"

"That's right. I'm strong" I noticed him pick up a dumbbell "I'm stronger than you and I'm stronger than daiya!"

He swung at me. I let out a yelp and jumped out of the way. He turned to me, his eyes white with rage. Like a vicious bull he charged at me.

"Get away!" before I knew what I was doing I pushed over the dumbbell shelf...

Right on top of mondo.