alter ego

Makotos pov

"Even if I told you, you guys wouldn't believe me"

The five of us surrounded Hina with suspicion. She was caught lying about where she had been and now we're all worried sick. This is hina though. Whatever it is I'm sure she's got a good reason.

"Hina" her best friend sakura bent down to her level, resting a gentle hand on his shoulder "I'll believe you because I trust you. You're not the type to make up stories"

"Sakura" she teared up at the girls kind words before nodding "ok follow me"

*Time skip*

"And this is where I saw it. It was definitely chihiros ghost" she pointed a shaky finger at the locker. I looked at it cautiously.  There's no way, ghosts aren't real after all.

Without any hesitation kyoko grabbed the locker handle and pulled it open, revealing..

"Hi I'm alter ego!" I stumbled back in shock. The voice, the appearance, it was all chihiro.

"Miss asahina don't tell me you mistaken this laptop for a ghost" hifumi raised an eyebrow.

Hina remained silent.

"I'm surprised you can dress yourself in the morning" Celeste shook her head.

"Well I wasn't expecting to see a laptop in a locker" hina cheeks burnt red.

"Hey is master there" alter ego looked around expectedly "last night he told me he made a big mistake. Has he been able to fix it? Or maybe there's something I can do to help!"

We shifted uncomfortably, not quite sure how to answer them but kyoko wasted no time.

"Fugisaki was executed for killing owada"

"What?" Their eyes widened in shock "that can't be right. Master's not capable of hurting-" they stopped. Kyoko continued to type.

"The death was accidental"

"Oh" his eyes were filled with sadness "I knew the situation was dire but- oh poor master" it looked so sad. My heart ached just looking at them.

Kyoko typed out "please don't feel responsible. Just keep doing what fugisaki asked of you"

"Ok I'll do my very best" they gave us a bright side that was painfully similar to chihiros before logging off...