takas depression

Makotos pov

I walked side by side with kyoko as we headed to the dining hall. I was looking forward to being surrounded by people so I wouldn't have time to think about last night but when I got there the place was morbidly quiet.

"Hey" hiro waved at me while the others stayed silent.

"Good morning everyone" I said in hope that it would spark a conversation but no one took the bait. I turned to kyoko anxiously. I really didn't want to be stuck with my own thoughts.

She seemed to notice my uneasiness as she handed me a plate of pancakes "would you like syrup or butter?"

"Syrup" I nodded greatfully as she handed me the bottle.

"Ok enough getting all down folks" hiro stood up "I think we could all use a pep talk from our class rep" he gestured over to taka.

Taka stood silently. His face was pale and his eyes were sunken in with dark circles under them. He looked like one of those zombies in a apocalypse movie. It was frightening to say the least.

"Or not" hiro eyed him worriedly "well as the oldest one here I appoint myself the new class rep, at least until taka's feeling better"

"That can only go well" sakura said sarcastically.

"Right!" Hiro grinned "ok my first order is... To explore the third floor!"

"I'd be ok with that" kyoko stood up "mokoto are you coming?"

"Actually I think I should stay with taka. He doesn't look so good" I looked back at him worriedly.

"Understood" she nodded before walking off. I took a deep breath before heading over to the sickly boy...