taka lives on

Makotos pov

"What a trail" I lay on the gymnasium floor with a sigh. Normally I'd go straight to bed and try and forget about the horrors I just witnessed but taka wanted to see me and I've never been good at saying no.

"Yeah" taka nodded "I'm just glad it's over makoto. Thanks for your help"

"Oh it's nothing-hey did you just call me makoto?" I looked up in surprise.

"Yes I thought that would be ok since we've become close. Was that inappropriate?" He looked up worriedly.

"No no it's fine. It actually makes me happy. I've never managed to get this close with anyone before" I smiled softly.

"I had similar trouble growing up" taka admitted "my strictness and lack of social skills was most likely to blame. The first real connection I had was with mondo and he's gone" he looked to the side sadly.

"Hey I get it" I squeezed his hand reassuringly "I felt the same when sayaka died but we're still here and we still have each other. So let's keep fighting for their sake"

"You're right" his eyes lit up "I'm not going to die. I made a promise to bro, to alter ego. I'm going to make it through this game, even if I have to drag myself by my teeth"

"Sounds like a plan taka" I held out my fist. He looked at it curiously "you're supposed to bump it"

"Oh I see" he bumped my fist with a grin, it felt like we were becoming true friends. At least the killing game is good for something!