chihiros execution

Makotos pov

A chain shot out of the darkness and wrapped around chihiros neck. I tensed up as he was dragged away. It's just like Leon.

He was taken to a room with a laptop. The room was strapped with bombs all connected to the laptop. The only way out was to shut it off via computer.

His fingers moved so fast that they were nothing more than a blur. I placed my hands in a prayer. Please please let him get out of this alive.

He made it to the end with only seconds to spare. Just as there was a glimmer of hope it was quickly extinguished by an error screen, saying that his info was inaccurate. It was almost as if they were punishing him for hiding his gender. His face was twisted in horror before the bomb went off. In the end he died hidden in his lie.

"I don't understand" taka fell to his knees "all this could have been avoided if he talked to me. Why didn't he tell me he was suffering!"

"People are complicated" byakuya said simply "You can't possibly expect him to align with your own sense of moral"

"Togami-san" I turned to him "why did you mess with mondos body like that. What was the point of that?"

"To make the game more interesting" he shrugged "chihiros crime was clumsy at best. This game wouldn't have been fun if he was found out so quickly"

"Are you insane? Your actions put everyone in danger" sakuras eyes were filled with rage but byakuya remained unfased.

"Well of course I would have revealed the truth had you failed to see it for yourself!"

"And what if we didn't believe you? You're not exactly Mr popular" normally I wouldn't be so snappy but I was angry. What happened to chihiro was so unfair!

Byakuya seemed surprised by my outbrust but quickly regained his composer "neagi you've finally grown a spine. I'm so proud of you"

"Eh?" I smiled wryly. Is he really complimenting me?

"Yes and your skills out there were more than adequate. I'll have to be weary of you when I'm the blackened" his words left me speechless.

Why is he like this?