Chapter Sixteen.

Just as I brought myself back to reality, not the past, Bobby came out to tell me that they found Maria and her fiance and the wedding should start soon. Me and Cas stayed in our seats and tons of guests poured into the backyard.
Not long after, my father decided that he would sit next to me. I tried to protest, but it didn't do anything. He sat still, stern in his decision.

Then, Bobby came up and smiled at dad saying, "Thanks for saving my seat, John." Dad stood up, awkwardly as Bobby sat down. John went to find another seat behind us and I thank Bobby quietly. "I didn't think you two'd wanna sit next to that homophobic POS." He smiles.

I nod and blush. "We're not together." I whisper to Bobby, but he looks down and I just now notice Cas' hand on my leg, rubbing his thumb into my dress pants soothingly.

"Right." Bobby smirks.

"I'm serious!" I whisper yell as music starts playing. Maria's fiance goes to his spot at the altar and Cas gasps, locking eyes with the groom. "What is it, Cas?" I ask, feeling his hand move from my leg.

"T-That's my brother." Cas says, breathless. "I haven't seen him in forever. We lost contact after I was in rehab the first time... I had no idea where he was." Cas says, smiling widely as tears come to his eyes.

"Well, after, you should catch up with him. What's his name?" I say, curiously. We stand up, looking behind us as the famous 'here comes the bride' tune starts to play.

Cas keeps his eyes on his brother and whispers, "Gabriel."

The wedding went perfectly. It was beautiful and I can tell that Maria is really happy with Gabriel. I hope Cas can catch up with him, though.

Right as the afterparty starts, Gabriel runs up to Cas, smiling and hugging him tightly. "Cassie." He mutters, pulling back from the hug, holding Cas' cheeks, and inspecting him. "You look great, bro. How have you been? How are you here? Who's this?" Gabriel asks a million questions, so Cas responds to each.

"I've been good."

"Maria is Dean's cousin."

"This is Dean. He's been living with me for about a month now."

Gabriel listens intently and I reach my hand out to shake Gabriel's, but he pulls me into a bro hug. I smile, I already like him. "So you're Cassie's man, huh?" Gabriel asks, he probably saw Cas' hand on my leg during the ceremony.

"N-No." I stutter. "No," I start more confidently. "He helped me get clean. I was an addict and he was the most thoughtful cop in Boston, so he took me in and saved me." I explain, Gabriel nodding.

"So, you did end up in Boston? I looked for you for years, back home, Boston, everywhere, but I couldn't find you. I thought you were dead." Gabe says to Cas and Cas frowns.

"By chance, were you looking for me about six years ago?" Cas asks and I frown. That's when JD died. When he relapsed.

"Yeah, actually, how'd you know that?" Gabe asks and Cas sighs.

"That's when I fell back into alcoholism. JD died, Gabe." Cas says sadly. I hate seeing him sad. I set my hand on top of the table on his and Gabe gives me a look.

"Well, I'm glad you're clean now. I'm sorry about JD, I know you loved him very much." Gabe says, smiling sadly, looking at the bright side of things.

"It's been a while since, I'm recovering." Cas says, "But Gabe, you're married! Where was dad and the rest of us?" I hear Cas ask, how many siblings does he have?

"We fell off a while back. Mom and Dad wanted to come, but they were taking a trip to Hawaii for their anniversary." Gabe explains. "The rest of our siblings don't want anything to do with me." He says sadly.

"Not even Balthazar?" Cas asks, Balthazar? What kind of name is that? Biblical?

"No." Gabe says and Cas sighs. "But you're here. That's what matters." Gabe smiles, waving over Maria.

"Dean!" Maria yells, running over to me and tripping on her dress. I catch her before she hits the ground and she pulls me into a hug. "Congratulations, Dean. I'm so happy you're clean." She says, hugging me tightly. I laugh at her eagerness and smile widely.

"Maria, you look gorgeous." I say, sitting her down, she's obviously super excited.

"Thank you!" She says, beaming a beautiful smile. Her dress is a beautiful white with lace and some pink and green floral designs around. Her hair is long and dark with waves in it, and she looks like she was made for a wedding.
We talk for a long while before it's the bride and groom's first dance. Me and Cas sit quietly, his hand on my leg throughout the whole thing. I may or may not have tears coming to my eyes as the song ends and we all clap excitedly. Then it's onto the father daughter dance and the mother son dance. I'm obviously emotional, so Cas wraps his arm around my shoulder as we sway to the music in a side-hug. It's all so perfect.

After the ceremony is officially over, I say goodbye to Maria and Gabriel and Cas does the same. I find Bobby and hug him, clapping him on the back, and then my dad walks up to me.

"Saw you fags all over each other during the dances. That's disgusting boy, and you know it." Dad says to me and my eyes fall to the floor. No matter how much I know it's not wrong, he always gets me to believe those things about myself.

He grabs my chin and yanks it up, Cas coming up behind John and gasping as John's fist clashes with my face. I don't move a muscle. I stand there and take it. He doesn't scare me anymore.

I hear Bobby yell something and suddenly, John is being tackled to the floor by Bobby and Cas both. Cas calls the cops, reporting him for domestic abuse, and we leave as soon as we see the lights coming up the driveway.

On the way back to the hotel, we don't say anything. There's nothing to say. John hates people who like the same gender. He hates them- us.

"Dean," Cas says, parking the car in the parking lot of the hotel. "Talk to me, why did he do that? Has he done that before?" Cas asks and I stay silent, looking at myself in the mirror. There's blood running down my cheekbone and there's a bruise forming.

We get out of the car and Cas stops me, holding my hands. "Dean," He says again. I look up at him with tears in my eyes. "Dean, please talk to me. What's going on in your brain?" He asks.

I let the tears fall and he pulls me into a hug. I start to sob and I can't stop thinking about the fact that my dad hates me. Once I finally stop crying, Cas pulls back from the hug. "Do you want to talk about it?" Cas asks and I nod, walking with him back into the hotel.