Chapter Fourteen.

When the tension eased between Sam and Cas, I started to talk. At first it was a little awkward, but now, since they're acquainted, it's not bad.

"How's work been, Sammy?" I ask, feeling Cas' hand slide down to my knee.

"It's pretty good. I had a case a few weeks ago at home, but since then, just smaller things. It's kind of quiet." Sam says, and as if the world is listening, he gets a call right as he's done talking. "I'll be right back." He says, answering the phone with a smile and saying something I can't understand as he walks away.

Cas looks over to me and I smile, "So, did you expect Sam to be like this?" I ask, my leg bouncing again.

"Dean, you need to stop worrying. Sam's great and I'm sure the rest of your family is too." Cas says, stilling my leg.

"I know, it's just the first time I've seen them in years sober. He doesn't act different, but I'm so hyper aware of myself that I can barely think." I admit, taking a sip of my refilled sweet tea that the waitress brought over not long ago.

"Well don't think about yourself. You look healthy, you act perfectly calm other than your stubborn leg..." Cas says, pressing his hand down into my leg again as it started to move. "And," Cas adds. "I'm sure your family will be happy that you're sober and taking care of yourself again." He finishes.

I nod, but I don't stop thinking. "Thanks, Cas." I say, smiling at him. My leg isn't shaking anymore, and I don't think it will, but Cas keeps his hand there as Sam walks back, sitting down on his side of the booth.

"Sorry, a friend called about her shop." He explains, setting his phone on the table. I look down at his hand and see a silver band around his ring finger. Is he married?

"Friend, huh?" I ask, smirking at him.

"Shut up." Sam blushes, smiling.

"Who is she?" I ask, thinking about Sam with his... wife? Fiance?

"Her name is Eileen." Sam starts talking for a while about this girl. She's a little younger than Sam, but they met at a job. She was a witness to a robbery and they immediately had eyes for each other. She's deaf, so Sam learned sign language to communicate with her, later realizing that she can read lips surprisingly well. I make a comment, something like "love will do crazy things to someone." and he smiles, telling me that they got married about a year ago. I ask him why he didn't tell me, but he said that for a while, they didn't tell anyone. They liked the secrecy of their love.

I smile as he blushes and twists the ring on his finger. "Is she coming to the wedding? I want to meet her." I ask, looking over at Cas who's listening intently to the story and smiling.

"No, she couldn't get out of work, but she said that she would try to make it in a few days since she wants to be with me while I'm here." Sam explains and smiles.

"Wait, if she's deaf, how did you talk to her on the phone?" I ask, Cas tuning in.

"A lot of deaf people have readers on their phones to make what the other person's saying into subtitles. My aunt has it on her phone" Cas explains.

"Yeah, she has it too. I bought it as a one month anniversary of us being married since I couldn't wait to talk to her on the phone and hear her voice while I'm gone for work." Sam smiles, obviously thinking about her.

"What about you, Dean? Anyone special in your life?" Sam asks, smirking. He knows about my crush on Cas, I've texted him about it a lot.

"Not at the moment. Not since... well you know." I say, thinking about my abusive ex girlfriend.

"Have you told him this?" Sam asks, nodding over to Cas who's sipping his water slowly.

"Yes, we've talked about past relationships when he found something my ex husband left me." Cas says, looking over at me. Sam smiles and raises his eyebrows at me.

"So, are you gay?" Sam asks, a little too openly.

"Sam!" I whisper yell.

"It's fine Dean, yes, I am. I haven't dated much though in the last 8 or so years." Cas says, being honest with Sam. He's very trusting considering he's seen a lot in work that he shouldn't have to.

"Why not?" Sam asks and I sigh. He's going to say whatever is on his mind. I should've known. He's not ashamed at all to ask questions, he never was.

"My husband died and I fell into alcoholism. I'm sober now, but I guess I haven't found the right person to complete me." Cas says, sadly. I wish I could be that person.

About three hours later, me and Cas are back at the hotel getting ready for the wedding. He puts on a gray suit with a blue tie that makes his eyes shine. He looks beautiful. I put on the beige suit that Cas loaned me with a white undershirt and no tie. It's not really made to be worn with a tie.

I look around the hotel for a minute. Maria's husband-to-be paid for all of their guests to stay in this really fancy hotel. He owns a bunch of different businesses and has a lot of money. I haven't really officially met him yet, but I really want to. From what Maria has told me, he's a very kind-hearted, silly, childish man. Hopefully I'll like him.

I look around the main room and see the bed that me and Cas slept in. It's not the biggest, probably made for a couple to sleep in. Great. I turn to the other side of the room and see a full sized kitchen decorated with beautiful pieces of art. I admire them for a minute before I turn and walk to a sliding glass door. I open it and there's a huge balcony overlooking the city. It even has a whole hot tub overlooking the glass.

"Cas!" I yell from the balcony and he walks out quickly, admiring the beauty of it. "We're getting in tonight." I say simply, turning to look at him. He looks so beautiful in that suit.

"What?" He asks, looking at me knowingly. "Like the suit?" He asks, teasingly. I can't help it. Blood rushes up to my face and down between my thighs. I turn back to look at the view and I can feel him staring at me.

"What?" I ask, looking over my shoulder at him.

"You're blushing!" He points out making my cheeks turn even more red.

"No! It's hot out here." I say, embarrassed. He cannot see me blushing at just the sight of him.

"Right." He smirks, chuckling. He walks up next to me and we watch as the sky turns beautiful colors as the sun sets. "We should get going." Cas says, turning on his heels and walking back inside.

I swear, him, just the sight of him makes me forget my name, my past, my intentions. Everything.