Chapter 8

Summary:

Secrets out

----------------------------

“That - that's impossible,” Echo stammered out, hands gripping his hair, “that’s physically impossible.” 

“Well not really because she's right here,” Kix retorted, gesturing to Omega.

Jesse turned to Fives who had yet to close his mouth, “How did you two not know Omega was a girl, you two were the ones to find hi-her for kriff sakes.” 

Fives was finally able to snap out of his trace, “How were we supposed to know he-she was a girl?” Five's voice started to pipe up like it does when he gets embarrassed. “We assumed she was a normal cadet, how were we supposed to know the one cadet we found out of a sea of thousands of troopers we just happened to find the one that was a girl?” 

Kix could only watch the two bicker it out until he felt a light poke on his cheek causing him to turn to face Omega who was staring at him with concerned eyes.

“Kexx,” Kix felt his whole body soften, allowing his lips to form a smile upon the girl's mispronunciation of his name. He didn’t mind of course, for her he’ll be ‘Kexx’. Omega continued by pointing her finger to Hardcase who was still sprawled out on the floor, among the spilled mantell mix. “Should we help him?” she asked tentatively. 

Kix let out a chuckle, “He’ll be fine cyar’ika, if anything he needed the sleep I told him it was a bad idea to stay up for the past two rotations.” Kix had hopped to reassure the girl, but instead she looked confused. Well he can’t blame her he is a medic and he did just flat out say he wouldn’t help someone. But to his surprise that wasn’t what confused her.

“What was that word you said?” 

“Which one?” 

“Say-r-ekka, what does that mean?” 

Kix let out another chuckle “Cyar’ika, it means sweetheart.” 

It was just a simple question, but that question brought Kix to a horrible realization. He once again turned to the girl cradled up on his side. “Do you not know Mando’a?” 

Omega seemed to look even more confused, but eventually shook her head. Kix let out a sigh, hurt by the news. He remembers how eager he was to learn Mando’a from the older cadets. They had to wait till nightfall before they began their lesson but the long nights were worth it. 

Every cadet should learn Mando’a, Omega was no exception. 

He gave her a reassuring smile, “Well we have to fix that won’t we.”     

Omega gave him a smile that made him absolutely melt. 

This girls going to have the whole 501st wrapped around her finger.

Hardcase was starting to come to, picking himself off the floor, dusting himself off. “Guys I just had the craziest dream Echo and Fives just showed up with this cadet, but this cadet was a girl, crazy right.” 

“Hardcase that just happened, you’ve been passed out on the floor for about ten minutes now.”  

“Huh,” he looked over to see Omega curled up Kix’s side giving him a little wave. Hardcase eyes just widened, and started to wobble. Kix rolled his eyes, settling Omega on the floor, “Sorry Omega can’t have him passing out twice in a row, I’ll be right back.”