Chapter 17

Summary:

The council comes to a decision.

Report. 

After Report. 

After Report. 

The 212th Commander let out a sigh of relief as he finally finished his deskwork. Though his battalion was one of the first to return Kamino, he just now finished his desk duties. The generation one clone combed his hand through his short dark hair in an attempt to look professional once again. 

After all, he is Marshal Commander he has a reputation to uphold. 

Seizing his bucket from his desk along with his datapad, the Marshal Commander was finally freed from his private office after days of confiding in it. All that was left to do was get his Jedi General to sign off then he could officially be on leave. 

Usually, he wasn’t one to be this eager to get all of his work done in such a rush; preferring to take his time to make sure everything was organized, but this was a special occasion.

It was the first time in a long time that he, Rex, and Wolffe were all going to be on Coruscant together. All three of their different schedules make meetups nearly impossible. That's why he cherished every call they shared before one of them left for a months-long campaign, or before a battle. 

Each call could be their last. 

Upon hearing the 501st was returning to Coruscant, he wasted no time calling up Wolffe, who was already halfway through his leave. The pair then concocted a plan for the perfect night out. Everything was all figured out; the only missing part was Rex himself. The two senior clones figured it would be best to leave their blonde vod’ika out of the loop until the night of, to which they will forcibly “escort” Rex out of his room to join them in their late-night activities. This was an integral part of the plan because if Rex’ika was aware of such event he would either decline or request to go home early, both of which are inexcusable for this occasion.

As the Clone Commander walked down the pristine hallway, clones everywhere made sure to salute their Commander. 

One poor shinie had an armful of blasters, all of which he dropped in order to salute his superior. The older clone had to give the kid some credit that he managed to hold in his scream as all the blasters fell on his foot. The Marshal Commander sent the shiny a small nod, causing the younger clone to shake with excitement. 

The attention was nothing new to him, ever since his days as a cadet he was always advancing far above the others, gaining recognition amongst the Kaminoans, being trained by Alpha-17. Even so much so that Prime himself eventually took notice of him. 

It was the respect that followed the title that took some getting used to. He didn’t deserve such high praise, he was only doing his job, doing his best to protect his brothers. Yet his Jedi General insisted that the exact reason he deserved his title. 

“The men admire your dedication to them. They’re loyal to you because you're loyal to them.” 

The Jedi's words echoed through the young man’s head. He still remembers that conversation to this day. It was right after an intense battle, one of the first ones they fought together. The Gingered-haired Jedi informed the young clone that he was being given a promotion. At first, he was uneasy, believing he didn’t deserve to be promoted, yet his Jedi said otherwise. 

Rounding the corner he finally arrived at his destination. Before he could even get one knock in he heard a “come in” from the other side. As he entered the room he saw his General hunched over by the counter preparing a cup of tea.