Chapter 14

Red 

That's the only color that could be seen for miles. A bright scarlet red that bounced off the sanitized walls of Kamino, illuminating the hallway she was sprinting down.  

The low pitched yet fast paced pounding of her heart ringing in her ears. It was far better than listening to the ear splitting siren that Omega was convinced was gonna make her ears bleed if it kept blaring. 

Red

The color was starting to hurt her eyes. She had gotten so accustomed to the monotone colors of Kamino, that seeing a color this vibrant was off putting. Not to mention it screamed of danger, a  bright and obvious warning sign that stretched to every inch of the hallway Omega felt like she was drowning in it.    

“Omega, Omega come back here right now!” A voice shouted from behind her, echoing throughout the hall. Rationally she knew she was way ahead of them, far out of reach, but by how loud and powerful the shout was, Omega was easily fooled into believing they were right behind her.

She recognized that voice, 

It belonged to someone who you never wanted to disappoint, but more importantly never wanted to make angry.  

Too distracted by the voice, Omega wasn’t looking forward when she suddenly crashed into something cold and metal, sending her flying to the ground. She let out a ground as her hands flew to her head which was now beginning to ring due to the impact. Slowly she started to raise her head to see what exactly she bumped into only for her to freeze in place. 

It was a droid, but nothing like she has ever seen. It was huge, practically towering over her in a menacing way. It was definitely programmed for fighting with the way its right arm had a blaster built into it. 

The droid didn’t even seem to process Omega's presence at first until its body shifted causing a glaring red laser eye to stare straight back at her. Upon finally noticing her it stuck out its blaster letting it slowly charge up. Every instinct inside of her was telling her to get up and run. Yet she didn’t, she couldn't, she was just frozen in place. 

The blaster was locked onto her, it won’t miss.  

The shot was fired before she could even let out a scream.

 _______________________________

Omega's eyes shot open just before the laser pierced through her chest. She sat upright taking deep breaths in an effort to calm herself down. Once she was up she realized just how much she was sweating. She could feel the droplets of sweat shooting down her forehead, running along her back. A bodily reaction from the intensity of the dream she just had. 

This dream of hers has been on repeat since escaping Kamino. The details of her escape are very vague, her memories still foggy in her mind. There was just a huge gap in her memory with the pieces only coming back in various flashes. Although she can’t remember the events that took place she remembered the color red. That always managed to stay consistent with her dreams. No matter what she always found herself surrounded by that glaring scarlet color, it made her want to throw up.    

After that dream, Omega had no particular desire to go back to sleep. Instead she opted to just lay back down in bed - Wait! Omega bolted right back up, since when was she in bed. She didn’t remember getting in one or falling asleep for that matter. Speaking of which, where was she?  

Omega glanced around the room and judging by the walls and the cot she found herself lying on she deduced it was a Medical room. To her relief it wasn’t the Kaminoan medical room, she's been in that room way too many times to count. The medical room she was in was slightly smaller than the one she was used to, plus this one had multiple cots lying around opposed to just one.