Chapter 10

Summary:

Omega gets lost

-----------------

Notes: THX a  lot for your comment and Stars thank you all so so so much for all Y'all are all amazing, every comment you leave me bring me absolute joy and acts as a huge motivator for me to continue writing

-------------------------------------

Omega didn’t mean to get lost, the ship was just so big she couldn't help but get a little turned around. 

While Rex and Anakin were busy talking, she was off to the side playing with the wrench Anakin gave her. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a black blur pass the room in the hallway. Naturally curious, she peeked her head out the doorframe to see a small black box wheeling down the hallway. Fully invested she ran towards the small black object that was now nearing the end of the hall. She tucked the wrench into her hoodie pocket allowing her to pick up the little droid with both hands. It was heavier than she thought, but had a very intricate design up close along with a label reading MSE-2-21B. 

The little guy must have not liked being held because after she picked him up he let out a high pitched beeping noise seemingly squealing in her grasp. The sudden noise freaked her out causing her to immediately let go sending the little droid plummeting to the ground. It took a minute for the droid to adjust, then he bolted down the corridor trying to put as much distance between him and Omega as he possibly could. 

She wanted to apologize to the little droid so she chased after him, through turns and multiple corridors before he eventually disappeared completely. She huffed in defeat, beginning to make her way back only to realize, she doesn’t really know how to get back. Chasing the droid took her down many pathways and sharp turns that she definitely wasn’t keeping track of.  

So now she was just aimlessly wandering down the halls of some huge ship that was impossible to navigate through because A. She's never been on the ship before or any ship for that matter and B. Everything looks the exact same making it rather difficult to tell if she's already passed an area or not. Hopefully Rex and Anakin won’t get too mad at her, maybe if she explained the situation they would go easy on her, although that's never really worked out for her in the past.    

Halfway into her wandering around she found herself to be even more lost, and to make matters worse she heard something in the distance. It was a rhythmic pattern, one that was getting closer and closer to her location by the very second. She nervously peered her head around the corner to discover that the noise was footsteps belonging to two clones chatting to themselves, making their way right towards her.  

Omega began to freak out, Rex had told her to keep her presence a secret until they reached the planet What was its name again? It started with a C, Cor - Cro something , to be honest she wasn’t really paying attention to Rex when he was talking about that.

Then it hit her Croissant Rex wanted her to remain hidden until they reached the planet Croissant so if Rex wanted her to stay hidden that's what she’ll do. Plus she's already gotten lost so she really can’t afford to worsen the situation by being discovered. 

Omega frantically scanned the hallway looking for a place to hide when her eyes landed on a closet further up ahead. It was risky there was the possibility she could be discovered right as soon as she hit the door, but it beat standing around in the open. Without thinking her legs took off, seemingly to have formed a mind of their own, as they led her to the closet. Her headpiece bounced as she ran, the pain of her injury subsided by adrenaline. 

She reached the door just as the clones were about to turn the corner. Rushing forward only for her face to collide harshly with the cold metal door. She stumbled backwards shaking of the headache forming up, the door was locked. The footsteps were rearing the corner, she only had half a second to react. She whipped out her wrench using it as an extended arm smashing it on the doors control panel. The door whizzed open allowing her to twist her body sharply to the side, fast enough to enter the room to hit the buttons on the other side, causing the door to firmly slam shut. Soon enough she heard footsteps followed by mumbled laughter as the clones walked past the room. After a minute or two the laughter faded in the distance.