Chapter 13

Summary:

Omegas biggest secret is revealed.

Notes : I  just really inspired  in this that ⟟ can't stop writing  hehehe hope you like it

----------xx

“I know where Omega is.” Anakin shouted over his shoulder calling out to Rex who just finished shooting a battle droid dead between the eyes.  

Rex checked the corner before signaling the all clear “well then where is she,” skipping straight to the point. 

“What how-” Fives stopped his sentence half way, Jedi . 

“This way,” Anakin led the group down the hall, trusting the Force was leading him the right way. Anakin and Rex took the front lightsaber and pistols at the ready. Echo was squished in the middle communicating with Hardcase and Jesse, updating them on their location and Omegas status. That left Fives to guard the back, as they marched to the lower levels of the ship.   

“Sir,” Rex addressed Anakin in a whisper, still cautious of his surroundings. 

“How did you know Omega's location?” Rex just had to ask. Sure it could just be passed off as “ The force works in mysterious ways”, something he hears constantly from Obi-Wan, but he felt there had to be more to it then that.  

Rex doesn't really understand the Force, nor how it works, but he did know it had rules, to an extent. Anakin has attempted to explain the Force to him multiple times from describing how he will incorporate it into a battle plan to answering any genuine questions Rex had about it. He knew the Force was mysterious and had many powers to it, but something about this situation was strange to him. 

“To be honest,” Anakin started, “I’m not entirely sure. One minute I was calling out then the next  she just sort of ‘popped’ up out of nowhere. 

“Popped up?” 

“In the Force, It was like one minute the force was calm then all of a sudden she just was there. I've never experienced something like it.” 

Rex signed he’ll never understand it, no clone probably ever will.  

 _______________________________

Rex took notice of Anakin tensing up when they arrived on the floor holding Omega. He signed for everyone to be on high alert. They were now entering the lower levels of the ship, how Omega managed to get herself down here is beyond him.   

Rex tightened his grip on his DC’s, expression hardening underneath his helmet. An ominous clashing of metal could be heard as they proceeded down the corridor. It was a sound Rex was all too familiar with; battle droids. Anakin signed the motion to stop, but for him and Rex to keep walking. The pair inched closer towards the corner just barely poking their head around the corner. Sure enough there was a barrage of clankers trying to breach into a supply closet, the exact one Omega was hiding in. 

Working with Skywalker had its upsides and downsides. The upside being led by a general who valued the lives of his brothers. Seeing the clones as people, and not just disposable cannon fodder, prompting the 501st Legion to be one of the best the GAR has ever seen. But being the best had its downsides. The downside being the 501st was always being called into action, meaning they saw the most and the worst of the war. Rex has been thrusted in countless stressful  situations throughout the course of the war, but that was nothing new to him. The Blue shadow virus, Geonosis, fighting a Sith apprentice, but he was always able to keep a level head. Kriff just being a “defective” clone trooper going through the first wave of  Kaminos ARC Training was worse than any war.