Chapter 18

Summary:

Omega is found and Anakin learns an important lesson.

“No, your other sister.” 

Wolffe is used to Jedi antics by now, all but accepting the fact that Jedi would rather speak in riddles just to rile up those around them when being straight to the point would be easier for everyone. 

Yet Wolffe couldn’t see the meaning behind the Kel-dors latest riddle. 

Slowly Wolffe raised his head from the datapad taking everything in him to resist raising an eyebrow at his general's latest statement. 

The ringing of the datapad falling on the floor was the only sound to be heard in the room. 

Wolffe couldn't rip his eyes away from the small figure that rested in his general's arm. He’s a Commander for kriffs sake. In battle he's prepared for every probability, creating contingency plan for his contingency plan. His mind is always planning, ready for the next move. 

Yet staring at the small child that slept before him it was as if his mind went blank. There was no riddle behind his general's words. What laid in front of him asleep peacefully in his general's arms was a small clone with bright blond hair.  

“Do you want to hold her?” Plo asks in a whisper in an effort to not wake the child asleep in his arms. 

No. 

Wolffe screamed in his head. What if he wakes her up and she cries? What if he holds her wrong? Will she be insulted? Annoyed? What if she hates him?

Wolffe's lack of a response was taken as a yes by the friendly Kel-dor, so the small child was carefully placed in the Commander's arms before he could even say a word. 

Wolffe froze. 

He stayed there completely frozen as the small girl rested peacefully in his arms without a care in the world. His eyes still glued onto her from the second he saw her. His brain was still malfunctioning from comprehending her existence that he couldn’t look away.  

She just looked so peaceful. 

He doesn’t remember when he sat down on his general couch, but he does remember his legs feeling weak so standing wasn’t an option. 

So he just sat there, holding this child so close to his chest because he was so convinced if he moved she would break into a million pieces. His eyes softened as he felt his “tough guy” persona he's spent years constructing melted away as he just stared at the tiny child in front of him. 

His vod. 

His sister. 

A small, minuscule smile formed on his face. 

The sound of a door opening quickly erased it, he had a reputation to keep after all. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw something make its way closer to him. 

Something blue? 

“Much apologies General Plo Koon,” a familiar voice soon spoke up “but you said you found Omega.”