Chapter 12

Summary:

The Resolute is under attack.

---------xx

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Omega asked for the third time. She was really beginning to question R2s programming. He did come up with an idea to get her out like she asked, but it treaded the line between effective and potentially dangerous. 

Omega stood by R2 off to the side of the open ramp cradling multiple smoke bombs in her hands. R2 had instructed her where to find them throughout the Twilight, while informing her of his plan. It was a simple enough plan, ignite the smoke bombs, throw them out into the hanger, they explode, run. Easy.

Yet, Omega couldn’t help but feel uneasy. If they followed through with the plan they would be throwing bombs albeit smoke bombs, into a hanger full of men bred for war. What if they start shooting, or someone gets hurt? No matter how much she wanted to get out of here, it was not worth hurting a single brother.

The thing she feared the most though was what would happen if they got caught. Anytime she did something wrong on Kamino she would get reprimanded, harshly. She had strict rules to follow to stay on the scientist's good side, so she followed the rules. For the most part, she couldn’t help that she was curious and sometimes that curiosity would get her in trouble.

The more she thought about R2s plan the more she thought that this would definitely be breaking some rules. Would they punish her if she got caught, as bad as the Kaminoans would do?    

The astromech picked up on her uneasiness, he rubbed up against her in an effort to comfort her. He reassured her that no one was going to get hurt. The smoke bombs would only cause confusion allowing them to slip out undetected, promising her everything will be okay. Omega looked at R2 one more time before letting out a sigh, she trusted his word.  

“Well then let's get to work,” she shot him a shy smile activating a smoke bomb in her hand. She activated another and waited for R2s signal. Omega held them tightly in her hands feeling every bit of anxiety build up after every passing second. She was beginning to regret following through, about to ask for a way to back out when R2 gave her the signal to throw. 

Without a second thought she stepped forward on the ramp launched the two smoke bombs in the opposite directions of each other both exploding the second they touched the floor.    

The room exploded into chaos; nothing could be heard except the clones shouting and coughing. Some even began to curse words Omega didn’t even know existed. R2 told her now was the time zooming in front of her down the ramp. Omega stashed the remaining smoke bombs in her hoodie pocket as she followed behind R2. They ran down the ramp making their way through the hanger past the hanger doors. Once Omega reached the hanger doors she hid behind to look back still feeling guilty. 

Troopers were coughing left and right, but no one seemed to be too hurt. Someone made their way through the hanger flipping a switch which activated some big fans. The fans started to dissipate the gas from the hanger making it visible once again. Everyone began to look around to make sense of the situation, which was the queue for Omega to start following R2. 

As she was running to catch up a weird sensation took over her body. Her previous fears were disappearing with every step, anxiety quickly replaced with pounding adrenaline. Omega has never felt this feeling before, it was as if her body was warming up on the inside, she felt more energized, felt powerful. It was a rush and it left Omega craving more of it.  

“R2,” Omega shouted as she caught up to her mischievous friend. “That was so cool, did you see the way I threw them, and when they hit the floor it was all like ‘boosh’,” Omega made a gesture with her hands that mimicked an explosion, while she danced around the droid practically leaping with every step.