Chapter 5

Summary:

The group finally discover Omega

Notes:

Hey, sorry for being inactive, had to pack, travel and unpack for school.

Chapter Text

Omega began to panic a little, she trusted Fives when he told her that they would accept her, but now she was having doubts, they all were just staring at her.  

Did she come on too strong with the introduction? she thought, maybe she should have toned it down to just a simple wave. 

The room was painfully quiet until it was interrupted by Hardcase. 

“What the kriff is that” he shouted pointing at Omega. 

Omega jumped at the sudden noise and scurried over to hide behind Five's leg. 

“It’s a cadet Hardcase,” Rex said with a sign “the bigger question is what is he doing here?” 

“You two kidnapped a cadet!” Jesse spoke up from the back voice spiking about two notches. 

“We didn’t “kidnap” him, we just … switched locations with him in toe.” Fives explained like it was the most obvious thing in the world, prompting Echo to slap his head. 

The room then erupted into chaos, with everyone shouting over everyone else in an attempt to get a word in. 

All the yelling made Omega uneasy causing her to shake and hide further behind Fives. Fives picked up in Omega's distress and placed a hand on the cadets head slowly ruffling up Omega’s hair. 

“Enough!” Rex’s voice caused everyone in the room to immediately shut their trap. 

He then looked over to Fives and Echo giving them a look that said “you two better start explaining what’s going on right now or I’ll use you both as target practice.”

The twins shared a nod, and Echo stepped forward. 

“Fives and I were patrolling the lower levels on Kamino like we were instructed. We kept pressing on in hopes of finding any wounded who needed help. Eventually we came across this huge room that we have never seen before.” 

“The restricted area?” Hardcase blurted out.

“Wait that’s real, kriff I owe a lot of credits to a lot of people” Jesse said crossing his arms.  

“Did you find the frozen head?”  

“Anyways,” Echo continued “we looked inside to find it was abandoned and in disarray. We assume it used to be a laboratory of some kind, there was a lot of scientific equipment, a bacta tank, medical supplies.” 

“Echo” Fives interrupted, prompting him to get straight to the point. 

“Right anyways, we heard a noise coming from one of the rooms inside, when we went up to investigate that’s when we found him.” Echo turned his head to see Omega, who was still hiding behind Fives leg. 

Echo turned to meet Rex's eyes “Sir w-we had to take him with us,” he pleaded “we - we couldn’t just leave him there he was alone, isolated, hurt, and if we didn’t take him when we did, he might have never have gotten out of that room.”   

Rexs eyes softened upon listening to their story. He felt a tang in his heart at the mention of them finding the young cadet alone. No clone should ever be alone, it just wasn’t right. Slowly he walked over to Fives and Omega and crouched down on one knee. 

“Hello littlun, I’m Captain Rex,” he said softly, “this is Hardcase and that is Jesse” he motioned to the people behind him, “you don’t have to be afraid we're not gonna harm you”.