Chapter 9

Summary:  Omega meets Anakin

It wasn’t a long walk to his private quarters, just a turn and the pair were there. Captains rooms were located close to the troops in case they were needed. It’s practical for emergencies, but it has been the cause for many interrupted nights, due to the boys roughhousing past hours, or when a game of Dejarik gets violent. One time Jesse managed to smuggle in Tevraki whiskey, and all of Torrent Company spent the night singing their hearts out. After getting a lifetime amount of blackmail material Rex told them to next time at least try to be subtle, then revoked all their holo-privileges for a month. 

Rex typed up the code to his room, walking in when the door swooshed open. He placed Omega on his bed, but had to nudge her a bit to keep her up. 

“Hey little one can’t have you falling asleep yet, after we talk with the General, you can get some shut eye, how does that sound?” 

“M-okay,” she mumbled, rubbing her eyes trying her best to stay awake.    

Rex walked over to his closet and pulled out some clothes he kept in the back. Commander Tano, while powerful, is still young and inexperienced, resulting in her outfit getting torn due to battle damage. So Rex has some extra clothes stashed in his closet for her whenever she needs it. He has spare leggings, skirts, actual tops, plus some sweats and hoodies for when it gets cold on the ship. While she isn’t on the ship, he always keeps them in his room, just in case. 

“These are technically the Commander’s, but I don’t think she’ll mind if you borrow them.” Rex said, pulling out a pair of sweats, tank top, and a hoodie. 

“Who’s she?” Omega perked up at the mention of another female. 

 “Commander Ahsoka Tano of the 501st, she’s not here as of now, but you’ll meet her soon when we -” he turned mid sentence only to freeze to see the young blonde missing from the bed.

Rex began to panic, he turned around for two seconds where she could be? The room was small, with no furniture other than a desk to hide behind. Did she leave the room, no he would have heard the door, did she crawl in a vent, is she lost in the ventilation system, how far did she go?  

Something brushed against his leg armor, snapping him out of his rampant thoughts. There she was right beside him, pulling out one of Rex's hoodies from the closet. 

How did he not hear her? 

Rex let out a relieved sigh, and looked at the blonde now hugging his hoodie. This kid is going to be the death of him. 

“You and the Commander are going to get along well, maybe too well.” Rex huffed out already accepting the stress the two are bound to cause him. 

“Come on let’s get you out of those clothes” he took her hand, leading her toward the bed once again.

Once the pair were on the bed Rex laid out the clothes for Omega. “Now these might be a bit big on you, but it’s the closest thing we have to something in your size. I also have these,” Rex held up a pair of Ahsoka's battle boots “if they are too big we can stuff them with socks. Just prefer you to have something on your feet rather than walk around the ship bare foot.”

“I don’t mind walking around barefoot, I’m used to it.” Omega replayed nonchalantly for Rex’s liking. 

“Wait, have you never had shoes before?” Rex wasn’t liking this. 

“I had no need for them. Shoes are made for walking around outside, I was never let outside of the lab so I was never given any. I only had what the Nala Se provided for me.” Omega said all too calmly. As if it was casual to have never had a pair of shoes. As if it was normal, to contain a child in a laboratory for their whole life.