BC 4: Birthday

Amilia pov:

Sneaking out of bed I turn off Azrael's alarms to make sure she doesn't wake up at her regular time. Quietly slipping out the bedroom I sneak my way over to the boys room. Entering in I see little bodies laying underneath their blankets.

"I know neither of you are asleep." I call out with a smile. Like clockwork they sit up with wide smiles on their faces.

Jumping out of bed they scamper over to me and wrap me in big hugs. I hug back and start to tickle them, filling the room with laughter. Stopping quickly I hold my finger up to my lip.

"Do you know what day it is?" I ask them, watching as they mimic me shushing all of us.

"Daddys birthday!" Ryker gave a mischievous smile, his feet moving and unable to stand still.

"Exactly. We can't wake her up yet so let's be quiet." They nodded and followed me out of the room and down to the kitchen.

I let them help me make breakfast in bed for Azy. Getting out pans and tools to cook with, I task the boys on getting ingredients from the fridge.

"Mama, I'm too short." Arthur motions to the cabinet that holds the flour. Picking him up I hold him and let him open the cabinet and get the flour.

"What's next!? What's next!?" Ryker jumps in place, grabbing at my shirt in excitement.

"We're gonna make pancakes, bacon, eggs, and fruit. So get your stools." They run off giggling and squealing. Coming back just as quick they have their stools in hand.

Setting them in front of the counter they jump up and look ready to make food. I let Arthur break the eggs into the bowl as Ryker pours the flour. To say things get messy in an understatement.

Within 10 minutes we were all just about covered in flour and eggs, still smiling just dirtier. Arthur tries to help Ryker but he doesn't want it which leads to an argument.

"Mama! Ryker won't let me stir!" Arthur threw a fit, huffing and crossing his arms with an adorable pout.

"How about you help me chop fruit, okay?" I divert his attention to something else and he seemed happy.

"I wanna chop fruit." Ryker whined with a little lisp. Chuckling, I nod my head and move the bowl from him.

Setting up cutting boards and giving them safety knives, ones kids could use, I place fruit on my own cutting board ready to start.

"Look at mama, you have to be careful okay. Cut like this." I show them how to do it. They watch closely and laugh when the knife hits the board and makes a little thud.

They start on their own but I jump in a little to correct their form or show them exactly how to do it. With them being smart little boys they were cutting in no time. They were slow but calculated and that's all I cared about.

I stirred the pancake mix as they cut up fruit, occasionally eating one when they thought I wasn't looking. Their giggles and fruit stained mouths gave them away easily.

With the fruit cut up and the pancake mix ready we work on putting it all together. They move their stools to the stove and listen to me as I explain what to do and what not to do.

Pancakes got cooked with the help of the boys flipping and talking me through it. Next came bacon which they decided to not stay close to because of "sizzle monsters" that were going to attack them. Eggs were easy and last.