Ch 17: I Love You

Azrael pov:

Waking in the morning I couldn't find Amilia beside me, thinking she was exploring, I got out of bed and headed for the bathroom. Taking care of my morning routine and showering I dressed in some loose black slacks and a flowy white button up.

Pocketing my phone and cigs I made my way out to find her, the afternoon light streaming in through the massive windows. We stayed up late, making love till early dawn, falling Into each other's embrace after.

Checking most of the rooms I opened up the library doors and found her sitting on the floor, surrounded by books. She didn't notice me coming in, too enraptured by her book to look up.

She wore a white summer dress, it went to her mid calf, hugging her chest with small straps and curving on her hips. It seemed like it was see through but gave no such thing away. Rolling my loose sleeves up I approached her slowly.

Watching the way the sun filled the room, dust particles flying around as they fell slowly. The light catching on her beautiful face, eyes glowing, brows furrowed in focus. Her tan skin looked perfect, the sun only improving it.

Her long black hair framed her face, cheekbones high and well pointed out. The Raven locks clung to one side of her face and exposed her long and delicate neck. Her eyes flickered up at me for a moment, my heart skipping a beat to see them glisten under the sun's rays.

"You're up." She gave a coy smile, moving the hair from her face.

"I am... I can see you made a little nest of sorts." My accent came out harsher than I intended. She blushed lightly and pulled her knees to her chest.

"I won't apologize for the mess." Her pearly white teeth blinded me.

"No need too darling. I'm enjoying it." Moving closer I sat myself beside her, one foot planted on the ground as the other tucked away under me.

Holding myself steady with one arm I relaxed the other on my raised knee, watching her closely. She leaned back into me, grabbing her book and going back into it.

"What are you reading?" I whispered, watching her eyes scan the words.

"A court of thorns and roses." She tugged her lip between her teeth. Glancing up at me.

I smiled and read along with her, we kept a good pace even if I was thrown halfway into the story. Eventually we laid on the floor of the library, me holding the book as we read.

It didn't last long, we were caught up in each other. The sun's golden rays peeking through and shining down on us. Sweet nothings and quiet giggles filled the once silent place. We talked about everything and nothing, both of us taking our time to learn about one another fully.

I ran my fingers through her hair and laughed at story's of her being on the run. She kept her head on my chest, playing with my fingers when I told story's of my brother and I as younger kids.

Soft and sweet kisses were shared between us, neither of us wanting to take it more. It was a vulnerable place we put ourselves in, both just trying to make it last.

"I'm serious, my father gave us a proper whooping for that stunt." I bellowed a laugh, the memories of my brother and I splashing flour everywhere in a business meeting our father had.

"Why would you do it?" She buried her face into my chest laughing as well.

"We wanted attention. It was the only way. Plus mother was gone that day." I chuckled, remembering how angry he was but needing to stay calm.