Ch 49: Laying Low

Amilia pov:

Things at the manor have been hectic to say the least, I've caught Damien and Jeremy at least 3 times in the past week. It was bad every time, they just couldn't do it somewhere normal?

Axe usually kept to himself, worked out in the gym, or was dragged to watch romcoms with Emily. I pray for him, those movies are awful. On my end I have been decently ignored by Azrael.

She stayed late in her study, did work calls and paperwork from there, or was hanging with Axe and her brother. We had just recently removed her stitches and she was feeling fine because of it. Now she wouldn't stay still... or at least hang around me.

Which is weird, she's usually more than happy to be around me. Especially if I'm trying to get into her pants. I've been looking for her for the past 30 minutes and still can't find her, I think she's hiding from me.

"Damien, have you seen your sister?" I stopped the guy from walking. He rubs his neck and toys with the towel around him, he had just gotten back from the gym.

"Uhhh, how was that new movie-"

"Damien, don't play with me. Where is she?" His eyes shifted around, trying to avoid me.

"Ugh, fine. She's in her study." He tried to walk away but I stopped him again.

"I already checked and she wasn't there." I narrowed my eyes on him. He looked nervous as I stepped closer.

"She hid. Leave me out of this." He removed my hand and ran away. I rolled my eyes and moved back to her study.

Knocking on the door I received no answer, trying again got the same response. I gave up and walked straight in, seeing no one inside. Walking around the room I checked it for her but found nothing. A thud from her desk drew my attention. Going up and standing in front of it I waited till she came out... but she didn't.

"I know you're there Az." Crossing my arms, I waited for her to stand up.

"No you don't." She stayed hidden underneath which only pissed me off more.

"God damnit." Rounding the desk I crouch down and grab her by the ear, dragging her up to her feet.

"Haha... you found me." She gave a nervous laugh, almost immediately trying to walk away.

"Why are you avoiding me?" I tugged on her ear again. She hissed and stayed where I could see her.

"No reason." I pulled again and she whined. Lifting a brow made her give up instantly.

"I didn't wanna put you off." I let go of her ear and stared confused at her. Put me off? Azrael could never do that.

"What are you talking about?" I rested my hands on her shoulders, keeping her engaged with me.

"I know that since I've been feeling better that you've wanted to be more... intimate." Her face was slightly flushed from saying so. She's so cute when she blushes.

"If you're regarding me trying to sleep with you or sit on your face then you're correct." She smiled and nodded her head. Her hands held my waist as she worked out what she was gonna say next.

"Yeah that. I just didn't want to make you grossed out or-"

"Azrael... why would I be grossed out?" I laughed in her face, this was the dumbest thought she could ever have said.