Ch 52: The Attack Pt.1

Amilia pov:

I have been looking for Azrael for 10 minutes, I got distracted when Rose and Lily were playing the knife game. Lily almost lost a finger. Going upstairs I look inside the rooms in hopes to find her.

Checking the library I find her sitting on the floor with a few scattered books around her. My mind rushes to previous memories here as smile gracing my lips. She looks up from her book and greets me with a warm smile.

Her eyes shine in the afternoon light coming through, her body relaxed when while sitting. She holds a hand out and pats her lap, rolling my eyes, I take her hand and join her. Leaning my back against her front I let my body relax into her embrace.

"I was looking for you." I take the book from her hand, opening it up to read.

"You found me." She brushes some of my hair behind my ear and rests her chin on my shoulder. A soft kiss is pressed to my exposed skin.

"Why are you hiding away?" My eyes trace over the book, taking in the words of fairytale and monsters.

"A moment to think is all." Her arms circle my waist and keep me close to her. I frown and turn in her embrace, facing my body to her.

It was a weird yet comfortable position, I wasn't fully in her lap, instead my legs went on either side of hers. I cupped her cheeks and made her look into my eyes, the action making me blush when I saw a loving gaze.

"You seem quieter than normal as of recently. Care to share?" I stroke my thumb over her cheek, feeling the warm pale skin beneath my touch.

"It's just work, really. I don't want to worry you." She smiles and kisses my palm. Holding my wrists gently she moves her hands to interlock with mine.

"I will always worry about you." I scoffed, suddenly feeling nervous with my emotions on display.

"I know." A cocky smile on her lips makes me snort and laugh at her. We took a moment to just sit with each other.

My hands played with hers, fingertips to fingertips, paml to palm, even just running my hands along her larger ones. I chance a glace up from our hands and find her just as focused on our hands, a comforting smile on her lips.

"Do you..." I stop myself, not sure how to say what I want to say.

"Do I?" She mimics. A coy smile lingering on her.

"Do you ever wonder what would happen if we met sooner? Like as a teen or when I wasn't 23?" I felt shy asking, especially since she went quiet. She thought for a moment, her brows furrowed as she looked for an answer.

She breaks out into a smile before moving her hands to my hips and pulling me close. I place my hands on her chest as she holds me still, massaging my hips with a smile. It wasn't sexual in any nature, more so a comforting weight on her. Taking one of my hands she plays with it as she speaks.

"I'd like to think that if I met you when we were younger, I would have taken you away from all that pain and suffering." Her eyes softened, they focused on our hands for some time.

"I would never let them hurt you, if it ment I had to take you far away or end them myself... I would have kept you safe." Her eyes find mine. My heart beats faster at her words, the utter devotion she held was unmatched.

"Azy..."

"I would do anything for you." Brining my hand to her lips she presses a kiss to my knuckles. Feeling far too emotional and shy I bury my face into her neck, hiding myself from her gaze.