Ch 53: The Attack Pt. 2

Amilia pov:

I'm woken from my sleep by a loud explosion rocking the house. Sitting up I quickly jump out of bed and throw on clothes. The smell of smoke fills my nose, I could hear yelling coming outside my room.

Grabbing a gun from the nightstand I throw on shoes and carefully move out of the room. The house already feels hot, the sound of crackling and shouting comes from further away. My heart thuds in my chest as I run down the hall.

Getting to the stairs I see fire start to come up the side of the stairs, it creeps closer as I try to find anyone else. A door busts open and shows a man in a green mask carrying Emily. Aiming my gun at him I land a shot into his thigh, making him stop and drop her.

Footsteps rush up the stairs as another person in a green mask tackles me to the floor. Their body isn't too heavy, nor is it as rough as a man's. I look up and find the faceless green mask staring back.

Their hands wasted no time in wrapping around my throat and choking me. Clawing at the grip I manage to kick them off and scramble for my gun. They grab my leg and pull me back, socking me in the face as they straddle me.

They grunt and groan as I try to fight them off from choking me again. Used to this type of position, thanks to Rose, I lift my legs up and lock them on their chest. Slamming my legs down breaks the contact and gives me a moment to escape.

Going for my gun again I see it kicked away as another masked figure stands above me. They grab and pick me up before throwing me into a door. Crashing through the otherside I groan and gather my surroundings.

Rolling to my side I avoid being stabbed by the smaller masked figure. Getting a better look, I could tell it was a woman. Behind her was the large one, he laughed and aimed my own gun at me.

I panic and prepare to avoid being shot when he's tackled to the floor by Jeremy. Shots and grunting sounds out behind her. Focusing in, I avoid being stabbed by blocking and kicking. she stalks closer with each attack she gives.

"You just keep getting in the way…" She growls, slicing the back of my forearm as I block myself.

"What? I don't even know you?" I duck and throw a pillow at her as I get behind a couch.

"God, you piss me off." She jumps over and lodges the knife into the coffee table.

Taking the opportunity I kick her hand away from the blade and then kick her back. She falls to the floor but recovers quickly, already on her feet and throwing me punches. I do my best and use my training to keep from taking too many serious hits to the face or kidney.

Catching her arm I hold it and send three quick and strong strikes into her stomach. She coughs and backs up as I try to breathe, but the air is quickly filling with smoke. I cough and keep myself lower to avoid the billowing clouds of smoke coming into the room.

She charges me and tackles me into the wall, leaving a heavy dent. I jab my elbow into her back as she holds me against the wall. Getting her in the kidney got her to let go, tossing her to the side, I rushed for the door but got cut off when the masked guys stood there.

"Jeremy!?" I shout for him. Looking past the guy I could see him on the floor unconscious with some blood leaking from his side.

He reaches out for me but I smack his hand away and kick him in the balls. He whimpers and falls to his knees, giving me the chance to get past him. Going to Jeremy I grab him and lean him onto me.

The fire reached the second floor and moved closer to us. Fighting off my fear I moved us as fast as I could towards Emily. I stop and fall when something painful hits my calf. Landing on the floor I see the girl walking towards me with the gun in her hands.